"Join meeting" button on meet.jit.si workaround?

One of the things I’ve loved about Jitsi Meet is that, by default, it has a minimum number of steps to use. Just go to a URL and — boom! — it works.

Recently there’s been a change on meet.jit.si where an extra step has been added. One now has to click “Join meeting” before connecting. This doesn’t work for me as I’ve been launching the web browser automatically.

I’d prefer if meet.jit.si reverted to the previous behavior, but I presume there’s a good reason for this change, perhaps to minimize surprise. So, instead, I’d like to ask if there is some way to work around it.

Is there some URL parameter I can append that will skip the “Join meeting” button?

Thanks!

P.S. This change has already confused three people I talk to who have thought they were the only one in the room as the writing and blue button look very similar. I really do hope this extra step gets turned off by default. If not, maybe it should be made more visibly different from the “You are the only one in the room” message.

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing, when did this change take place? I’m working on a project where the jitsi iframe api is being used in the background of a website to allow people on a site to talk to each other, but the rooms are created and joined dynamically by the site without user interaction, so having to click the Join meeting button inside the iframe rather breaks the website.

Dose anyone know if its possible to turn off this feature if we setup our own jitsi server instead of using the meet.jit.si server?

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Hello @damencho !! I’m interested too with your workaround.

But… How do you do that ? How do I pass config overwrite with prejoinPageEnabled: false ??

Can you please describe the steps ? (I don’t know if it’s something in the jitsi settings, or if it is something to add to the html address in the address bar, or a file to edit…).

Thank you

https://meet.jit.si/mathojojo#config.prejoinPageEnabled=false

1 Like

As I understand it, (works for me like this anyway) you define the options for the Jitsi API just add the configOverwrite option, so in code it will look something like this:

let domain = 'meet.jit.si';
let options = {
    roomName: "someURL",
    width: 100,
    height: 100,
    parentNode: document.querySelector('body'),
    configOverwrite: {
        prejoinPageEnabled: false
    }
};
api = new JitsiMeetExternalAPI(domain, options);

Good !! it works perfectly, thank you.

My goal is to set a chromium kiosk on a raspberry. There will be no keyboard, no mouse, everything must be automatic, because it will be installed at my Grandpa’s house (96 years old).
He should just have to power on the RPI.

So, is there a way to complete the URL with some more config so that it sets his nickmane automatically, and it sets a mosaic interface ??

Yes, this is if you want to integrate jitsi in your own page, or program. As @emrah answered, the URL version of the solution is what I’m looking for.

Thank you anyway @ties.