Join as extra screen share user when screen is shared

Hello @damencho. Thanks for maintaining great product which is highly dynamic.

Problem
User Video turned off when screen is shared by user.

Options available to us

1. Use inbuilt presentation effect to turn on the video after screen is shared.
  2. Send extra stream per participant when screen is shared.
  3. Programmatically join a extra user with startScreenSharing parameter set to true,
    By calling
 APP.conference.init({
     roomName: this.roomName,
     initialOptions: {
        startAudioOnly: false,
        startScreenSharing: true,
        startWithAudioMuted: true,
        startWithVideoMuted: true
      }
 });

We decided to proceed with option 3 because it can be done easily.
But there are multiple issue occuring like
Stream track is not sending to other remote participant,
Two users are joined at users side who shared the screen but single participant is visible to other side,
How to make extra users leave which joins as screen share permission only,
How to bypass screen share user when lobby room is activated.

Regards
Vineet

Are your websockets to the bridge working?

If you are joining twice there should be two participants for this user everywhere.

Why do you create a second participant when you want to have just one?

You need a custom prosody module recognizing that participant and whihtelistinig it, just before it joins.

Why users just don’t turn on their video when they want to while screensharing?

Option 2. is in the works for several months now, and should be released soon.

Are your websockets to the bridge working?

Yes it is working, this issue happens when screen is shared only. It’s working fine when three or more participant join the conference without screen share.

If you are joining twice there should be two participants for this user everywhere.

It is three at presenter side and two at other participant side.

Why do you create a second participant when you want to have just one?

I create a second user when I want to share the screen because if I use the existing participant , then it’s video are turned off when user shares the screen.

You need a custom prosody module recognizing that participant and whitelistinig it, just before it joins.

muc_lobby_whitelist = { “recorder.without.docker” }. I am aware of this configuration in prosody but i want to know how to create a JID with recorder.without.docker domain.

Why users just don’t turn on their video when they want to while screensharing?
Most users are not fully aware of jitsi presenter mode, They think it is an issue when there video got turned off when screen is shared.

Thank you very much for quick reply.

@Vineet2 Please stop tagging people in your requests for help if they’re not already helping you with the issue at hand.

This option no longer works due to browser limitations. It’s no longer possible to start screen-sharing right off the bat. The user needs to press a button.

Ok.
Thank you.