Jocofo Reservation rest API error

I have configured my domain to use my rest API for conference reservation.

Using jitsi meet to start the conference results in authentication and then a call to my reservation api. When the rest api returns a Http 200 status code with a json response, everything seems okay.

But, when the rest api returns a 403 status code with a message in the response I get the error - oops, something went wrong and we couldn’t connect to the conference: connection.GET_SESSION_ID_ERROR.

The message that is returned should be displayed, instead of GET_SESSION_ID_ERROR - correct?

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

hum, looking at the code don’t show any special handling of 403 http eror code, so I think that you should first check if a Gtihub issue exists, and if not, create one. Well, if there is one already, post the obligatory ‘me too!’ in a comment :slight_smile:

just adding the lines of the log. Is it possible I am doing something wrong?

2020-05-13 19:15:23.928 INFO: [81] org.jitsi.impl.reservation.rest.ApiHandler.createNewConference().134 STATUS CODE: 403
Jicofo 2020-05-13 19:15:23.939 SEVERE: [81] org.jitsi.impl.reservation.rest.RESTReservations.log() API error: ApiError[403](ErrorResponse[e: null, m: my custom error message, conflict: null]@421422595)
Jicofo 2020-05-13 19:15:23.940 INFO: [81] org.jitsi.jicofo.xmpp.FocusComponent.processExtensions().381 Create room result: Result[c=100, msg=my custom error message]@485207784 for test@conference.ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com
Jicofo .

Just want to make sure, before I open an issue that I am not doing something wrong.

THanks for you quick reply

The last part of this line seem to come from

// Other error 
logger.error("API error: " + result);

if you return a 403 I don’t see a clear way that the code could go elsewhere.
I’m not a Jitsi contributor, not even a Java dev, so I’ll not go further. I think that’s probably a question worth the time of this code’s author - still part of Jitsi if I"m not mistaken-, if only to clarify the doc in the case that really it’s user error

Okay. Thank you. Created Github issue.