Jiysi-Meet versus Debian 9 and Apache2 and connections problems

Hi. This is Cropover.
I have successfully installed Jitsi-Meet on my Debian 9 (Stretch) server running Apache2.

I am also able to easily create a conference BUT when I attempt to join the conference via a smartphone or laptop, I get the spinning “wheel”, and have NEVER been able to join any conference.

Here is a brief excerpt of the JavaScript console output:

Logger.js:125 [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: null Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace: Error: Strophe: request id 71.1 error 0 happened
at Object.i.Strophe.log (strophe.util.js:89)
at Object.error (strophe.js:2083)
at e.Bosh._onRequestStateChange (strophe.js:5569)
i @ Logger.js:125
Logger.js:125 [modules/xmpp/strophe.util.js] <Object.i.Strophe.log>: Strophe: request id 71.1 error 0 happened
i @ Logger.js:125
Logger.js:125 [modules/xmpp/strophe.util.js] <Object.i.Strophe.log>: Strophe: request errored, status: 0, number of errors: 1

I feel that I am very close to getting a successful connection but still it eludes me.

It has been 3-weeks now trying to get Jitsi_meet to work.

My url is: https://meet.kglen.com

I need your kind expertise. Please tell me what information you need. Thanks.
Cropover

Do you see something interesting in prosody log when this happen?

Will get back to you shortly. Thanks!

I am limited in my response by this message “Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.”.
How do I get around this?

Can you do several posts.

Thanks. There are many entries as follows:
Apr 25 06:25:06 certmanager debug No certificate/key found for jitsi-videobridge.meet.kglen.com

Apr 25 06:25:06 certmanager debug No certificate/key found for focus.meet.kglen.com

Apr 25 06:25:06 certmanager debug No certificate/key found for guest.meet.kglen.com
Apr 25 06:25:12 c2s558037cbc3e0 debug c2s stream for 127.0.0.1 closed: session closed
Apr 25 06:25:12 c2s558037cbc3e0 debug Destroying session for (unknown) ((unknown)@auth.meet.kglen.com)
Apr 25 06:25:12 c2s558037cbc3e0 info Client disconnected: connection closed
Apr

I have added the missing certificate/keys for jitsi-videobridge.meet.com, focus.meet.kglen.com. etc., and created the necessary sim-links.

My Desktop, laptop, and smartphone are able to join a specific conference but none of them is able to see the each participants. Each device appears to be the only participant online completely unaware of the other two users.

My personal server is running Debian 9 (stretch) with Apache2 web server.

What do I need to tweet? Thanks
Cropoverknight

Does anyone know how I may resolve this item as seen in the js console>
[modules/xmpp/moderator.js] <d._allocateConferenceFocusSuccess>: Waiting for the focus… 128000

In fact you seem to not be creating any conferences, when you open the URL from only one location, you just see your own video and that’s it. To really have a conference you have to join from at least one other place – it could be another device and/or it could be just another tab in your browser.

You say you had errors regarding the SSL certificates for the internal domains in Prosody – how did you install Jitsi Meet? These should be taken care of automatically during the install of the deb packages.

As you can’t join from a second device/tab, it could be a lot of things – if prosody was configured OK during the install, it could be a problem with the Videobridge, but as you say you had issues with prosody itself… Did you get errors during the install?

The URL of your server is not accessible now, at least from my side.

Hi Yasen_Pramatarov1,

Thanks for your response.

a) I initially installed Jitsi-meet following the quick-install method, at least 4 times: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/quick-install.md
This did not work!
b) I then switched to an alternative method as described here: https://www.adamhyde.net/tag/installing-jitsi-meet/
This did not work!
3) I finally tried a fundamental approach as shown here:
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/2531
Tutorial for Building Out an install from scratch: Ubuntu 16.04/Apache2 #2531
This is the current installation on my server.

My Personal Server:
I am using Bind9 with Debian 9 (stretch) OS and Apache2.
I am also using Prosody and Converse for Instant Messaging.

Installing Jitsi-Meet was straightforward.

I have attempted to establish a chat / conference simultaneously using a) My desktop b) Toshiba Laptop and 3) Galaxy Smart Phone.

Each device’s viewpoint was unique to the device - totally unaware that it should be a part of a conference. There was NO composite picture where all 3 devices were engaged in a conference.

I am really puzzled at this point. Not sure what to do.
Thanks
Cropoverknight

In addition, I use iptables to manage my firewall entries. I have opened the necessary ports, and portforward all ports as necessary

Check prosody and jicofo logs for errors. Errors on startup of the services.

I am attaching Prosody and Jicofo l logs, among others for your review.

WHAT IF …

If I were to start over, what precautions should I take during the installation.

I do not want to constantly install and uninstall on my Production Server.

Thanks
Cropoverknight

prosody3.log (90.3 KB)

What do you mean, do you see the 3 thumbnails in the conference?

Try adding to your prosody config, general part: consider_bosh_secure = true, restart prosody and try again.

Do not do that on the production one, use a staging before deploying to production.

Damencho,

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the long gap before responding to your question above.

Good News! I finally got Jitsi-Meet to work.
I am now in the process of getting familiar with its operations, and will report on any issues (if any) as I encounter them.

What I did was to execute a straightforward installation, and testing … before tampering with any of the configuration files. In effect, an out-of-the-box installation.

I now have to ensure that Jitsi-Meet is adequately secured as it is being run on a production server.

Any recommendations at this stage would be welcome. Thanks, again.
Cropoverknight