JItsi Zabbix Stats and Monitoring

Hey,
We’re using your Jitsi Meet stack to handle videoconfernces in our Company. I discovered that there is not present a Monitoring Template in Zabbix, most popular Monitoring Tools. I’ve impelmated an simple zabbix jitsi template by using Colibri Stats. If you want them, please check it out:

2 Likes

Hey Marcin, thanks for this! Awesome template!

I have tried to implant this on my Zabbix server, but I have a problem which I’m not able to figure.
The items on the template give me this error when linked to a host.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks!!!

Hi, thanks.

What is your Zabbix Server version?
Have you tried make copy and try to import without this item?

And of course, have you enable colibri stats in videobridge? can you access to stats by curl on videobridge machine?

I’m having the exact same issue, maybe I can help debug this?

It seems like Zabbix is receiving a html tag, and not JSON data. Through curl on the localhost, I can confirm that I’m getting JSON data.

I turned up debugging on my Zabbix agent on the Jitsi server and this is some relevant output:

Ok, solved the issue. There / should not be in front of /colibri, changed that in the zabbix item config and all is well now.

Thank you!!!removing that “/” solved the problem

Hi @Marcin_Gadowski

When I try to import the template I have this error:

• Invalid tag “/zabbix_export/version”: unsupported version number.

Your GitHub says that the template should work on older Zabbix versions and mine is 3.4.4.

Any ideas, please? :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Well … Thanks for feedback!. I will check it out, but in the coming days i will release the previous version of template which are based in UserParameter (actual version are based on Low-Level-Discovery), and i think this version wil work for you. I know that some functions from LDD are not compatible with older version.

czw., 25 cze 2020, 17:38 użytkownik Fabio Bastos via Jitsi Community Forum - developers & users <jitsi@discoursemail.com> napisał:

Hi @Marcin_Gadowski

Great. I’ll be waiting for your follow up.
Thank you very much for the reply and attention.

:grinning:

Hey,

I’ve upload a old version in github on different branch (1.0/old)
Go to direct link and picked up:

https://github.com/romantico88/jitsi_videobridge_zabbix_stats/blob/1.0/old/README.md

Thank you, @Marcin_Gadowski

I’ll give it a try in the next couple of hours.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work; stil the same error.
And I can’t upgrade my Zabbix Server. :unamused:

@Marcin_Gadowski
When importing a template https://github.com/romantico88/jitsi_videobridge_zabbix_stats an error occurs:"/zabbix_export/templates/template(1)/items/item(1)": tag “snmp_community” missed.
When importing a template https://github.com/romantico88/jitsi_videobridge_zabbix_stats/tree/1.0/old an error occurs: “/zabbix_export/templates/template(1)”: unexpected tag “tags”.
Zabbix versions 3.4.15

Re-uploaded on master. Try again. If will problem will still exits , make a issue on github if it is possible.

wt., 30 cze 2020, 07:18 użytkownik Руслан Алиев via Jitsi Community Forum - developers & users <jitsi@discoursemail.com> napisał:

Hi, I get a different issue with this template, running zabbix 5.0.2 and jitsi_videobridge_zabbix_stats template 1.1.

I think Colibri Stats are active on the jitsi server:

curl localhost:8080/colibri/stats
{"inactive_endpoints":0,"inactive_conferences":0,"total_ice_succeeded_relayed":0,"total_loss_degraded_participant_seconds":0,"bit_rate_download":0,"muc_clients_connected":1,"total_participants":0,"total_packets_received":0,"rtt_aggregate":0.0,"packet_rate_upload":0,"p2p_conferences":0,"total_loss_limited_participant_seconds":0,"octo_send_bitrate":0,"total_dominant_speaker_changes":0,"receive_only_endpoints":0,"total_colibri_web_socket_messages_received":0,"octo_receive_bitrate":0,"loss_rate_upload":0.0,"version":"2.1.296-g817c1a45","total_ice_succeeded":0,"total_colibri_web_socket_messages_sent":0,"total_bytes_sent_octo":0,"total_data_channel_messages_received":0,"loss_rate_download":0.0,"total_conference_seconds":0,"bit_rate_upload":0,"total_conferences_completed":0,"octo_conferences":0,"num_eps_no_msg_transport_after_delay":0,"endpoints_sending_video":0,"packet_rate_download":0,"muc_clients_configured":1,"conference_sizes":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"total_packets_sent_octo":0,"conferences_by_video_senders":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"jitter_aggregate":0.0,"total_ice_succeeded_tcp":0,"octo_endpoints":0,"current_timestamp":"2020-08-14 09:10:21.770","total_packets_dropped_octo":0,"conferences":0,"participants":0,"largest_conference":0,"total_packets_sent":0,"total_data_channel_messages_sent":0,"total_bytes_received_octo":0,"octo_send_packet_rate":0,"conferences_by_audio_senders":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"total_conferences_created":0,"total_ice_failed":0,"threads":34,"videochannels":0,"total_packets_received_octo":0,"graceful_shutdown":false,"octo_receive_packet_rate":0,"total_bytes_received":0,"rtp_loss":0.0,"total_loss_controlled_participant_seconds":0,"total_partially_failed_conferences":0,"endpoints_sending_audio":0,"dtls_failed_endpoints":0,"total_bytes_sent":0,"mucs_configured":1,"total_failed_conferences":0,"mucs_joined":1}

But here’s what I find in zabbix_server.log (just replace the actual server name with “jitsi-server”):

8714:20200814:110355.994 item "jitsi-server:web.page.get[{$JITSI_COLIBRI_HOST},/colibri/stats,8080]" became not supported: Preprocessing failed for: 
1. Failed: cannot perform regular expression "\n\s?\n(.*)" match for value of type "string": pattern does not match

Solved, maybe when I replaced zabbix-agent with zabbix-agent2. Not sure…