Jitsi with Turn-Server

Hello Community,

i try to install a Jitsi-Meetserver on Ubuntu 20.04 with a Turn-Server. Jitsi-Meet installation was easy and it is running. I had installed the Pakage “jitsi-meet-turnserver”. The Turn-Server runs correct like the answer form Trickle ICE say. But I need a Turn-Server on Port 443. I follow the manual from jitsi: Setting up TURN · Jitsi Meet Handbook

But when i restart the nginx-Server i get the fault:

nginx: [emerg] unknown directive “stream” in /etc/nginx/modules-enabled/10-mod-use-port-443.conf:1

so i know i need a Module from nginx, but i have no idea how to activate it. Sorry i work most with apache, nginx is new for me. I have read that the most modules must compile in the nginx-core and only some modules are dynamic at this time. Is there anybody who can give me a answer for a nginx-beginner?

Thnks for help

Christofer

My jitsi-installer script which configures TURN automaticly

Hi emrah,

thanks for that. So i need a new Server without jitsi Installation?
It’s a way when i do install it new, but my Server is running and so it’s easier to activate the module in Nginx?

Greetings

Christofer

A new server will be better but if you run it on an already running server then the script will try to uninstall the old installation and clean up the all customizations.

Hi emrah,

congratulation your script works. Good work. I had install the Jitsi-Server on a new Ubuntu20.04 installing. Any question is there, about the using Ports of Jitsi. For some people is it only possible to connect, when the jitsi-Server runs only on the 2 Ports 80 and 443. Do i still have to make adjustments?

When your are interesting of feedback. The script expects a “YES” i type the first time “yes” and it will be aborted.

Greetings

Christofer

Connecting through UDP/10000 (direct connection between the client and the videobridge) is the best option. But if there is an UDP/10000 connectivity issue then TURN is used as a last option… Since the script completed successfully, this means that your ports’ config are OK, no need to any adjustments.

to be sure the user reads the warning carefully and understands the risks