Jitsi with Plesk shows grey screen

Continuing the discussion from Noob question: URL shows PLESK Admin Interface instead of jitsi.org:

Hello,

I have installed Jitsi with Plesk.
The connection with the subdomain also seems to have worked. However, when I call up the page, a grey screen is displayed.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Thank you very much.

Richard

2021-01-14 11:05:55.138 WARNUNG: [24] [hostname=localhost id=shard] MucClient.setPresenceExtensions#420: Cannot set presence extension: not connected.
 2021-01-14 11:05:59.920 WARNUNG: [17] org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingServerIfNecessary: XMPPConnection was not authenticated
        2021-01-14 11:06:00.029 WARNUNG: [16] [hostname=localhost id=shard] MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7#588: [MucClient id=shard hostname=localhost] error connecti$
        org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: 'localhost:5222' failed because: localhost/127.0.0.1 exception: java.net.ConnectEx$
                at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
                at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
                at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
                at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
                at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:583)
                at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
                at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

This log shows XMPP connection error, you can check the connection details in /etc/jitsi/ and /etc/prosody/, also check if you have the prosody accounts in /var/lib/prosody/ created and whether their passwords are correct. I’m not sure whether this log is from jicofo.log or jvb.log, but check both prosody users.

I guess the error is from Jicofo, that’s why you see a grey screen. Otherwise if JVB is malfunctioning, you will see initially your video and when a second user tries to join, you will see a an error message and timeout to retry. So in your case check jicofo settings, for some reason jicofo can’t authenticate to prosody server.

If you see a grey screen on the whole page and you can’t load even the initial own video - then you most probably have a syntax error in the configuration js files (config.js, etc.). For example a misplaced end-line comma.

1 Like

Have you solved this error? it happens to me too