Jitsi + Wireguard VPN

I have Jitsi installed and Working on Server with VPN.

Problem is: Audio and Video doesn’t seem to Work well when someone is not inside the VPN.

Specially when there are more than 2 people on the server.

I did open all the required Ports both on the VPN Server and on the Jitsi Server.

I’m using Nginx Proxy Manager on the VPN server forwarding my domain to my Jitsi Server VPN IP on port 443 with Websockets allowed.

On my phone for example, it works when I’m in the same VPN as the Jitsi Server.

Is it something I need to do on Nginx Proxy Manager?

Also, I couldn’t use the let’s encrypt script for some reason.

Anyone managed to have a Jitsi Server with VPN working?

How did you configure the JVB?

Which config file? And location please.

I used to install with docker but this time I opted for a Ubuntu Server install, so I’m still trying to remember the locations and confs.

But mainly everything is default.

I placed a domain as a hostname. ( not an IP )

By the way, I’m getting this error on one of the computer participants:

[modules/xmpp/XmppConnection.js] <Ls._maybeEnableStreamResume>: Stream resume enabled, but WebSockets are not enabled

/etc/jitsi/jvb/jvb.conf I think.

You acn ignore that, it’s harmless.

By default jvb discovers its publicc ip address to advertise it to the clients, and maybe it discovers an IP address you are not forwarding the UDP packets to port 10000.

Thanks for the help, I think it has to do with the Nginx Proxy Manager configuration.

I think i have to add a /location, ip and port to it. But i have no idea how to configure it.

Got any idea?

Could also have to do with Wireguard passing all IPs through it.

I have not idea, I’m lost xD i had it working on a normal server setup but now it has being difficult on the VPN which I really need to have.

This is not a TCP but UDP, I guess you cannot forward it with this.

How about this:

Yep this will work, by choosing udp.
Check jvb log in /var/log/jitsi search for harvester and make sure the discovered public address is correct.

ahhh… didn’t fix the problem.

The problem that i’m having is, only the devices connected to the same local network, or same VPN, can have Audio and Video.

All the other features seem to work despite that.

Which conf files should I be worried about? ( Ubuntu Server Installation, non-docker )

But it’s strange…

Audio and video works in this case:

Computer Non-VPN / Outside Network
+
VPN Smartphone

apparently atleast one of the participants have to be inside the VPN

It also works behind NAT

Just not outside the network.

thank you for helping the config is this:

videobridge {
http-servers {
public {
port = 9090
}
}
websockets {
enabled = true
domain = “(my domain):443”
tls = true
}
}

Whatever I change or do, I keep having this kind of error in the jvb logs:

WARNING: [93] [confId=2580410a023be20e conf_name=test@conference.(MY DOMAIN) gid=-2 epId=c131d859 stats_id=Jada-H47 local_ufrag=mg6b1g2s13nep ufrag=mg6b1g2s13nep] ConnectivityCheckClient.startCheckForPair#375: Failed to send BINDING-REQUEST(0x1)[attrib.count=6 len=92 tranID=0xA4E311B8800169D0D5CD84C1]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No socket found for 10.0.1.9:10000/udp->192.168.4.1:61321/udp

That is normal. Have you checked the public address of the bridge as I told you?

The Public Address in the Log is pointing to my Public IP ( the one I have a Reverse Proxy and a Wireguard VPN Server Installed )

And there you did the udp forwarding of port 10000?

Indeed, I forwarded it to the Jitsi Server. ( wireguard vpn ip )

Ports 80, 443, 3478, 5349, 9090 and 10000.

I also tried pointing it to the real jitsi server ip. Everything worked just the same.

Now stop jvb and check whether your UDP port forwarding is working.

got it, thank you.

I did it and Got a it is accessable.

Everywhere except on the Jitsi Server. ( it went to my reverse proxy / VPN server instead )

(this is my older account, I can’t post more today on my new one.)