Jitsi videobridge configuration

Hi,

The extended manual states that one should tell videobridge to use port 4443 if the web server (Apache or nginx) is running on port 443.

org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_PORT=4443

The Debian/Ubuntu quick setup guide does not.

My Apache server IS listening on port 443, and I haven’t seen any race condition yet.
Should I explicitly set port 4443 for jitsi videobridge when running Apache on port 443, and should I open port tcp 4443 on my internet firewall?

Also, the manuals state that one should open UDP/10000 for videobridge. Some forum posts suggest instead to open the range of UDP ports from 10000 to 20000.
Which is true, and if both are then what is the difference?

Thanks

Hi,

In this case your bridge will fail to bind on 443 andd bind on 4443 automatically. TCP is used as a fallback when a connection can not be established over UDP – if you want to use it in this way you will need to open 4443.

Recent versions of jitsi-videobridge use only 10000 for UDP.

Regars,
Boris

Thanks for clearing that up.

please help me i am facing this issue

May 27, 2020 5:54:42 PM org.ice4j.ice.harvest.SinglePortUdpHarvester
INFO: Initialized SinglePortUdpHarvester with address 192.168.194.81:10000/udp
Error loading native library: java.lang.Exception: Unsupported OS: Windows 10
May 27, 2020 5:54:45 PM org.jitsi.utils.logging.LoggerImpl log
SEVERE: The invocation of the method org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.run() threw an exception.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ‘boolean org.jitsi_modified.sctp4j.SctpJni.usrsctp_init(int)’
at org.jitsi_modified.sctp4j.SctpJni.usrsctp_init(Native Method)
at org.jitsi_modified.sctp4j.Sctp4j.init(Sctp4j.java:40)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.sctp.SctpManager.(SctpManager.java:54)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.Endpoint.createSctpConnection(Endpoint.java:866)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.check(Health.java:69)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.performCheck(Health.java:203)
at org.jitsi.health.AbstractHealthCheckService.run(AbstractHealthCheckService.kt:144)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:216)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.runInThread(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:292)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.access$000(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:36)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor$1.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:328)

May 27, 2020 5:54:50 PM org.jitsi.utils.logging2.LoggerImpl log
INFO: create_conf, id=42191a7c24fb3fe8 gid=null logging=false
May 27, 2020 5:54:50 PM org.jitsi.utils.logging.LoggerImpl log
SEVERE: The invocation of the method org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.run() threw an exception.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jitsi.videobridge.sctp.SctpManager
at org.jitsi.health.AbstractHealthCheckService.run(AbstractHealthCheckService.kt:144)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:216)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.runInThread(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:292)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.access$000(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:36)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor$1.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:328)

May 27, 2020 5:55:00 PM org.jitsi.utils.logging2.LoggerImpl log
INFO: create_conf, id=9430d8775a7e1511 gid=null logging=false
May 27, 2020 5:55:00 PM org.jitsi.utils.logging.LoggerImpl log
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jitsi.videobridge.sctp.SctpManager