Jitsi video conferencing integration with my company website - few queries!

Hi,

I am Vijay kumar, working as architect in a software company. I would like to use jitsi Video conferencing in my project. Before i use it in my website, would like to know the below

1. Can i use it commercially or i need to pay for it?
  2. Can i use my own company logo instead of Jitsi one.
  3. How many users (maximum) can join a meeting.
  4. How many meetings (maximum) can be started by a website

Thanks,
Vijay Kumar

Yes, you can freely use it, that’s why it is opensource.

You can modify your deployment the way you want, my recommendation is to stick as possible to the upstream so you can easily update.

This depends on the type of deployment, will you be using one machine where jicofo and jvb will be running. Will you deploy multiple jvb machines. Depends on the available bandwidth for jvb.

This also depends on the type of deployment, will it be one shard (one web and one jicofo with one or more jvbs), for example, at the moment meet.jit.si runs in 6 geo locations with at least 2 jvb per location, they autoscale based on the bandwidth.

HI,

We do not want to host it ourselves, in that case could you please reply us the below queries in context of using domain “meet.jit.si”

1. Can i use it commercially or i need to pay for it?
  2. Can i use my own company logo instead of Jitsi one.
  3. How many users (maximum) can join a meeting.
  4. How many meetings (maximum) can be started by a website

We have developed a POC as given at https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/api.md

Thanks,
Vijay Kumar

Hi All,

Someone, could you please help me out by answering the above queries.

Thanks,
Vijay Kumar

HI @vijay_kumar1

yes u can use it commercially for free completely!!

yes u can use your own company logo

in short unlimited. but the number of videos u see is subject to how you configure your jitsi-meet instance and video quality depends on your client and server side bandwidth and CPU strength.

in short unlimited. it all depends on number of bridges u are hosting and their individual cpu power and bandwidth. for example, in my company we host 1 jitsi-meet server with 3 additional bridges all in AWS we can do about 20 concurrent meetings where by each meeting has atleast 3-5 participants and so on.

If you are interested my company can help you setup a robust server. you can contact us at support@nltvc.com

Hi Tanvir,

Thanks for replying.

Could you please reply one more question.

What if we are NOT going to host jitsi in our own server instead of that we are going to use the publicly hosted “meet.jit.si”. Then how it is going to serve the purpose?

Thanks,
vijay Kumar

sure u can do that also. btw what is ur purpose of using it?

My purpose is to use it in our web application for video conferencing by our clients.