[jitsi-users] YouTube streaming limit?

I know from asking some time ago that the hosted version of Jitsi Meet limits YouTube streaming to 60 minutes, apparently to reduce server load (?).

I work in higher education and have been evangelizing Jitsi Meet as a great alternative to commercial conferencing platforms. The time limit on streaming/recording on YouTube has been a sticking point, because many online classes/meetings need more than 60 minutes, but probably no more than 90 minutes.

Would you consider raising the streaming limit to 90 minutes?

(I know we have the option of self-hosting and setting longer limits ourselves, but it can be difficult to implement through our IT team.)

David

Hi David,

···

On 25/07/2017 15:37, David Dumonde wrote:

I know from asking some time ago that the hosted version of Jitsi Meet limits YouTube streaming to 60 minutes, apparently to reduce server load (?).

I work in higher education and have been evangelizing Jitsi Meet as a great alternative to commercial conferencing platforms. The time limit on streaming/recording on YouTube has been a sticking point, because many online classes/meetings need more than 60 minutes, but probably no more than 90 minutes.

Would you consider raising the streaming limit to 90 minutes?

Yes, we're going to do this (it is on a task list already, but I don't have an ETA).

Boris

Thanks for the update, Boris!

David

···

On Jul 26, 2017, 4:00 PM -0500, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org>, wrote:

Hi David,

On 25/07/2017 15:37, David Dumonde wrote:
> I know from asking some time ago that the hosted version of Jitsi Meet
> limits YouTube streaming to 60 minutes, apparently to reduce server load
> (?).
>
> I work in higher education and have been evangelizing Jitsi Meet as a
> great alternative to commercial conferencing platforms. The time limit
> on streaming/recording on YouTube has been a sticking point, because
> many online classes/meetings need more than 60 minutes, but probably no
> more than 90 minutes.
>
> Would you consider raising the streaming limit to 90 minutes?

Yes, we're going to do this (it is on a task list already, but I don't
have an ETA).

Boris