[jitsi-users] Videoconferencing in Jitsi

Indeed, I am using nightlies, and that particular problem does not seem to happen *if* I put the certain configuration parameters in, but then other debilitating bugs appear in its place.

···

On Jan 3, 2015 6:11 AM, Ingo Bauersachs <ingo@jitsi.org> wrote:

"For every one bug fixed in the current
implementation we probably could write a third of a replacement UI."

Can you elaborate? Do you mean the code is too messy to fix quickly? Or that
the bugs are too hard compared to new features? I'm confused.

It is not the code per se that is messy, but rather Swing is. It is simply too complicated to get anything done within a reasonable timeframe. So unless it is easy stuff like a null reference then the effort of fixing video-conf bugs within Swing vs. saving the time and writing a replacement UI is not justifiable anymore.
Using CEF or JavaFX wouldn't be for new features, they'd be a replacement for the existing UI.

Btw: Have you tried a nightly build? According to Boris the specific bug you've encountered is supposed to be fixed there.

Ingo

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

If you are referring to the properties mentioned in your original email[1], they have no effect on the Jitsi client. They are only used in Jitsi Videobridge, and since you appear to be using the videobridge instance on jit.si, I don't see how they could be relevant.

If you are referring to some other configuration, I still believe the original problem that you reported has been fixed in the nightlies, regardless of configuration. If you are still seeing it, please provide more details (such as the full log files).

Boris

[1]
org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_SSLTCP=false

···

On 03/01/15 15:11, Connor Doherty wrote:

Indeed, I am using nightlies, and that particular problem does not seem
to happen *if* I put the certain configuration parameters in, but then
other debilitating bugs appear in its place.

you appear to be using the videobridge instance on jit.si

correct.

If you are referring to the properties mentioned in your original email[1]

I found the properties on the jitsi-dev mailing list, here:
http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/022268.html
The problem that guy was having is exactly the problem I was having.

>they have no effect on the Jitsi client. They are only used in Jitsi Videobridge
all I know is, I added them to the jitsi config file, and the Exception [2] stopped occurring.
That seems like it has an effect to me.

I still believe the original problem that you reported has been fixed in the nightlies

Isn't installing the package (i.e. jitsi_2.5-nightly.latest_amd64.deb) supposed to add the repository to my system?

[2] net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to create a call to sabrena at mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com/jitsi-2epuui3
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2638)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:457)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:279)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:310)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:33)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.createConfCall(AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.java:368)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.createConfCall(OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.java:92)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$InviteToConferenceBridgeThread.run(CallManager.java:3145)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ssltcp is not a currently supported Transport
  at org.ice4j.Transport.parse(Transport.java:107)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.IceUdpTransportManager.startConnectivityEstablishment(IceUdpTransportManager.java:940)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.harvestCandidates(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:1176)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.createContentList(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:468)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:344)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallJabberImpl.java:771)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:438)
  ... 6 more

···

Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 21:39:20 +0200
To: users@jitsi.org
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videoconferencing in Jitsi

On 03/01/15 15:11, Connor Doherty wrote:
> Indeed, I am using nightlies, and that particular problem does not seem
> to happen *if* I put the certain configuration parameters in, but then
> other debilitating bugs appear in its place.

If you are referring to the properties mentioned in your original
email[1], they have no effect on the Jitsi client. They are only used in
Jitsi Videobridge, and since you appear to be using the videobridge
instance on jit.si, I don't see how they could be relevant.

If you are referring to some other configuration, I still believe the
original problem that you reported has been fixed in the nightlies,
regardless of configuration. If you are still seeing it, please provide
more details (such as the full log files).

Boris

[1]
org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_SSLTCP=false

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users