[jitsi-users] videobridge

Hello all,
I am currently trying to get the videobridge up and running with Openfire. I have tried both the plugin for openfire and the separate videobridge batch file. When I am in jitsi and I go to create a video bridge, I invite my other test user and invite them. The window that comes up is the one that looks exactly the same as the create conference call. The test user only has an option of answering it with a phone icon... no video icon. When we are in the conference, there are buttons with cameras and if I hit them I can see myself, but I never see the other user. I can do direct 1 to 1 video chat using the jitsi clients so I know video works fine. I am using the latest video bridge v37 and the latest nightlies for 2.3 jitsi client. I am apparently missing something... I have tried it on windows server for running Openfire and created a test Ubuntu server with openfire, just to see if it's a windows issue. If anyone has any ideas or maybe what I am missing.... Maybe I need more than one test person to create a videobridge.... I am out of ideas currently.

Thanks,
Jason

Hello,

Hello all,

I am currently trying to get the videobridge up and running with
Openfire. I have tried both the plugin for openfire and the separate
videobridge batch file. When I am in jitsi and I go to create a video
bridge, I invite my other test user and invite them. The window that
comes up is the one that looks exactly the same as the create conference
call. The test user only has an option of answering it with a phone
icon� no video icon.

That's normal. At the moment videobridge conferences start with audio only and video has to be added later.

When we are in the conference, there are buttons
with cameras and if I hit them I can see myself, but I never see the
other user. I can do direct 1 to 1 video chat using the jitsi clients
so I know video works fine. I am using the latest video bridge v37 and
the latest nightlies for 2.3 jitsi client.

Could you attach your log files[1] and the output of the videobridge, please?

If you get a change, you can also test with videobridge build 32, to see if it's a recent regress.

Regards,
Boris

[1] https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#logs

···

On 7/25/13 7:41 PM, Jason Streit wrote: