[jitsi-users] Video Quality & Resolution

Hi guys,

I tried using the list's search but it didn't turn up any search results no matter what I entered, so I'll post my question directly.

We just implemented stand-alone Jitsi Videobridge and Jitsi Meet within our infrastructure (we were using it with Openfire Meetings before, but they are too far behind in integration).

What I find very strange is video quality. For example we had one testing end-point on a Mac Mini with a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, hooked up to a 55" LG Screen. The cam should ideally deliver 1080p video but even when this client is the only attendee to a room, the camera feed (which then should be local) is more like 480p. We tried using Logitech's Webcam Utility to finetune, but no results.

Is there a way to improve quality of the stream on the server side? Or maybe any way I might have missed in the docs to handle Clients/Chrome Settings better?

I hope I might find an answer here :slight_smile:

Fabian

···

--
Fabian Peter
Systemadministrator
HEXONET GmbH

T: +49 6841 69 84 308
F: +49 6841 69 84 199
E: fpeter@hexonet.net
W: http://www.hexonet.net

HEXONET GmbH, Talstrasse 27, 66424 Homburg, Germany. CEO & General Manager: Jens Wagner,
HRB 2839 (HOM), Amtsgericht Saarbrücken, VAT-ID: DE-138316882

HEXONET Services Inc., #2235 - 6900 Graybar Road, Richmond, B.C., V6W 0A5, Canada.
CSO & General Manager: Robert Birkner

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended only or the person(s) directly addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, transmission, distribution, or other forms of dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this
email with any files that may be attached.