[jitsi-users] Video for few seconds, web cam anomaly

Strange thing, perhaps someone can shed some light on where the problem is. To test video on jitsi between two local machines, I have 2.2 on both 64 bit linux machines. One of them sends the video fine in good quality (though upside down). The other one, the video only starts if I put my finger over the web cam and take my finger away. Then the video shows for a few seconds and then freezes. If I put my finger over the web cam lens and remove it, it'll go again for a few seconds and freeze again. I can do this dozens of times, over and over the same result. What could be causing this? Sad to say on Skype that problem is not occurring.

Could be a problem with the mechanism with which key frames are requested. Could you try with the latest nightly build of Jitsi and
attach your log files[1] if the issue still persists?

Regards,
Boris

[1] https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#logs

···

On 7/28/13 1:52 PM, BitMessage wrote:

Strange thing, perhaps someone can shed some light on where the problem is. To test video on jitsi between two local machines, I have 2.2 on both 64 bit linux machines. One of them sends the video fine in good quality (though upside down). The other one, the video only starts if I put my finger over the web cam and take my finger away. Then the video shows for a few seconds and then freezes. If I put my finger over the web cam lens and remove it, it'll go again for a few seconds and freeze again. I can do this dozens of times, over and over the same result. What could be causing this?

Could be a problem with the mechanism with which key frames are requested. Could you try with the latest nightly build of Jitsi and
attach your log files[1] if the issue still persists?

Regards,
Boris

[1] https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#logs

···

On 7/28/13 1:52 PM, BitMessage wrote:

Strange thing, perhaps someone can shed some light on where the problem is. To test video on jitsi between two local machines, I have 2.2 on both 64 bit linux machines. One of them sends the video fine in good quality (though upside down). The other one, the video only starts if I put my finger over the web cam and take my finger away. Then the video shows for a few seconds and then freezes. If I put my finger over the web cam lens and remove it, it'll go again for a few seconds and freeze again. I can do this dozens of times, over and over the same result. What could be causing this?