[jitsi-users] users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 8


#1

AWESOME. It worked. I opened the ports as suggested, and this time I used
Ubuntu 14.04. Previously, I was using Debian 7. I checked my glibc is 2.19
and download Java 8. Did a fresh install of everything and now I have a
pulse.

Now I can video chat my family everyday lol. I tried using other webrtc
methods, but they require a subscription to their API calls etc. Since my
VPS is going to be on 24/7. I plan to leave it for public use.

Thanks once again to everyone, especially to the folks who guided me. Have
a great weekend.

Cheers

Humphrey

Help save paper! Do you really need to print this email?

···

------------------------------

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 6:00 AM, <users-request@jitsi.org> wrote:

Send users mailing list submissions to
        users@jitsi.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        users-request@jitsi.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
        users-owner@jitsi.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of users digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 6 (Damian Minkov)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 21:57:45 -0500
From: Damian Minkov <damencho@jitsi.org>
To: Jitsi Users <users@jitsi.org>
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 6
Message-ID:
        <
CAE07f0JGXojceCPgABcVP+u+Sz14qA6FwZOQCVsKTZpJcBeWJA@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Hi,

from the screenshot I see you have rules to allow ssh, http, https.
You need to also allow udp traffic on 10000-20000 and tcp 4443.
And also you need to update your java, as 1.6 is too old, it may work
with it, but running with 1.7 or 1.8 is preferred.
Also your system has some old glibc or at least current sctp requires
new one, and you may be missing dominant speaker detection because of
that. There was recently a mail thread about this problem and a
solution for it.
Hope this helps.

Regards
damencho

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 7:13 PM, Humphrey Davy <hdavy2002@gmail.com> wrote:
> Changed to another server same issue. check https://eu.circledisk.com
>
> Something is not right here. This one has no NAT, simple firewall rules.
See
> attached photo.
>
> The first browser, I use gives me https as green, the next browser I use
for
> testing gives me certificate failed.
>
> Please if someone could try on two device. I am also attaching all my
logs
>
>
> Help save paper! Do you really need to print this email?
> ________________________________
>
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Humphrey Davy <hdavy2002@gmail.com> > wrote:
>>
>> Still no luck. I changed my server and now I have no NAT. I have a basic
>> firewall and I have 5269, 5280 , 443, 80, 5280, 5222, 4443 opened up on
the
>> firewall.
>>
>> I still cannot get users to join. My new test site is
>> https://eu.circledisk.com
>>
>> below is my netstat
>>
>> root@myputputf1:~# netstat -tunlp
>>
>> Active Internet connections (only servers)
>>
>> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address
State
>> PID/Program name
>>
>> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 6169/nginx
>>
>> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5269 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 5952/lua5.1
>>
>> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 1836/sshd
>>
>> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 6169/nginx
>>
>> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5280 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 5952/lua5.1
>>
>> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:5347 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 5952/lua5.1
>>
>> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5222 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
>> 5952/lua5.1
>>
>> tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::*
LISTEN
>> 1836/sshd
>>
>> tcp6 0 0 92.222.68.140:4443 :::*
LISTEN
>> 5994/java
>>
>> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4818 0.0.0.0:*
>> 1486/dhclient
>>
>> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:68 0.0.0.0:*
>> 1486/dhclient
>>
>> udp6 0 0 92.222.68.140:10000 :::*
>> 5994/java
>>
>> udp6 0 0 :::16261 :::*
>> 5994/java
>>
>> udp6 0 0 :::21517 :::*
>> 6028/java
>>
>> udp6 0 0 :::43087 :::*
>> 1486/dhclient
>>
>>
>> Help save paper! Do you really need to print this email?
>> ________________________________
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 6:00 AM, <users-request@jitsi.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Send users mailing list submissions to
>>> users@jitsi.org
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>> users-request@jitsi.org
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>> users-owner@jitsi.org
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of users digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>> 1. New test site not working (using quick install) (Humphrey Davy)
>>> 2. Re: New test site not working (using quick install) (Boris
Grozev)
>>>
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 21:50:39 -0400
>>> From: Humphrey Davy <hdavy2002@gmail.com>
>>> To: users@jitsi.org
>>> Subject: [jitsi-users] New test site not working (using quick install)
>>> Message-ID:
>>>
>>> <CAG_9CVE+p31hACTe0MQEH4in0x2okctrDrEWsO+GUR0wHNmRZA@mail.gmail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>>
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> On a Google Virtual machine, I have a brand new install of Debian and I
>>> used 'Quick Install' method. I have the correct ssl installed and the
>>> site
>>> loads up fine, please see https://myputput.com. However, I am unable
to
>>> join as a guest. I used my cell phone and laptop to create two users.
>>> Please could you guys also test it from your end. I have no idea where
to
>>> start looking for issues.
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance and a big thank you to the developers. This
>>> product
>>> looks and feels AWESOME.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Humphrey
>>>
>>> Help save paper! Do you really need to print this email?
>>> ------------------------------
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL:
>>> <
http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20151002/a1792c55/attachment-0001.html
>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:01:17 -0500
>>> From: Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org>
>>> To: Jitsi Users <users@jitsi.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] New test site not working (using quick
>>> install)
>>> Message-ID: <560F530D.4070608@jitsi.org>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>>>
>>> On 02/10/15 20:50, Humphrey Davy wrote:
>>> > Hello folks,
>>> >
>>> > On a Google Virtual machine, I have a brand new install of Debian
and I
>>> > used 'Quick Install' method. I have the correct ssl installed and the
>>> > site loads up fine, please see https://myputput.com. However, I am
>>> > unable to join as a guest. I used my cell phone and laptop to create
>>> > two
>>> > users. Please could you guys also test it from your end. I have no
idea
>>> > where to start looking for issues.
>>>
>>> It appears that your videobridge instance is running behind a NAT and
is
>>> not advertizing any publicly accessible addresses.
>>> If you are doing port-forwarding, videobridge needs to be additionally
>>> configured (see [1]).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Boris
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>
>>>
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/tcp.md#orgjitsivideobridgenat_harvester_local_address
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> users mailing list
>>> users@jitsi.org
>>> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> End of users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 6
>>> ************************************
>>
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users@jitsi.org
> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

------------------------------

End of users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 8
************************************