[jitsi-users] Unable to launch jitsi in JRE 7


#1

Hi all,
         I am unable to launch Jitsi rev 3562 in Archlinux x86_64
using Oracle's x86_64 bibary of Java RE 7 build 147 (
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2011-June/020654.html
) (Package at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48928 ). I get
these errors http://pastebin.com/PJf48570 . What do they mean and how
do i correct there errors. Also it was mentioned by some users that
jitsi has a hard-coded dependency on OpenJDK 6 and does not work well
with Binary Sun/Oracle JRE versions. Is this true? Is that causing the
errors I see now. Other java apps in my system are working properly
with Java RE 7. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Keshav


#2

Hey Keshav,

Have you tried using Sun Java 6?

Emil

На 01.07.11 22:25, KESHAV P.R. написа:

···

Hi all,
         I am unable to launch Jitsi rev 3562 in Archlinux x86_64
using Oracle's x86_64 bibary of Java RE 7 build 147 (
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2011-June/020654.html
) (Package at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48928 ). I get
these errors http://pastebin.com/PJf48570 . What do they mean and how
do i correct there errors. Also it was mentioned by some users that
jitsi has a hard-coded dependency on OpenJDK 6 and does not work well
with Binary Sun/Oracle JRE versions. Is this true? Is that causing the
errors I see now. Other java apps in my system are working properly
with Java RE 7. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Keshav

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31


#3

I tried it with OpenJDK6 but it had the same result. Before rev 3562,
I tried rev 3528 with openjdk6 and that worked. The openjdk6 pkg is at
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/openjdk6/ while the new
Java RE 7 pkg I talked about is at
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community-testing/x86_64/jre/ .

I don't know whether it is due to some change in Jitsi or in the jitsi
package build script. Can you please check the build script at
https://gist.github.com/1050785 ? Don't worry it is simply a bash
script. Please check both the build() and package() functions,
especially file and directory permissions in package() . Thanks in
advance.

Regards.

Keshav

···

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 12:54, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hey Keshav,

Have you tried using Sun Java 6?

Emil

На 01.07.11 22:25, KESHAV P.R. написа:

Hi all,
I am unable to launch Jitsi rev 3562 in Archlinux x86_64
using Oracle's x86_64 bibary of Java RE 7 build 147 (
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2011-June/020654.html
) (Package at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48928 ). I get
these errors http://pastebin.com/PJf48570 . What do they mean and how
do i correct there errors. Also it was mentioned by some users that
jitsi has a hard-coded dependency on OpenJDK 6 and does not work well
with Binary Sun/Oracle JRE versions. Is this true? Is that causing the
errors I see now. Other java apps in my system are working properly
with Java RE 7. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Keshav


#4

The build log of the package is at http://pastebin.com/kPeGgVnS. All
the runtime errors point to some missing requirement package
org.xml.sax . Was there some change in jitsi source after build 3528
regarding org.xml.sax .


#5

This has already been discussed on IRC and you need Sun/Oracle JRE/JDK
6, not 7 and not OpenJDK 6.

···

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM, KESHAV P.R. <skodabenz@gmail.com> wrote:

The build log of the package is at http://pastebin.com/kPeGgVnS. All
the runtime errors point to some missing requirement package
org.xml.sax . Was there some change in jitsi source after build 3528
regarding org.xml.sax .


#6

I recompiled build 3565 with OpenJDK6 and it works fine now. I also
deleted $HOME/.jitsi dir just in case. I think the problem is due to
Java 7.

Regards.

Keshav

···

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 01:14, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM, KESHAV P.R. <skodabenz@gmail.com> wrote:

The build log of the package is at http://pastebin.com/kPeGgVnS. All
the runtime errors point to some missing requirement package
org.xml.sax . Was there some change in jitsi source after build 3528
regarding org.xml.sax .

This has already been discussed on IRC and you need Sun/Oracle JRE/JDK
6, not 7 and not OpenJDK 6.