[jitsi-users] Two VideoBridges together -?

Hello, guys! You are doing a great job! Thanks for Jitsi and other cool and innovative things.

Just a simple question. Can I set up a configuration with two servers, like this:

( clients@10.1.1.1 --- JabberServer+VideoBridge) ------- vpn-------- (JabberServer2+VideoBridge2 --- clients@10.2.2.2)

Is it possible in any way? Using desktop Jitsi or web-based "meet" app... Just for the sake of traffic reduction. As you understand, in case of single server all video streams in amount almost (N * N / 2) will go throung the vpn, and it's quite a lot....

Thanks!

···

--
С уважением

You can connect multiple bridges to a single signaling server just fine, but conferences are scheduled on different bridges based on their load, and there is no way to change that.

You could use subdomains and leverage the fact that XMPP is federated to interconnect both infrastructures.

Cheers,

···

On Mar 2, 2017, at 15:50, - - <ushastik-007@mail.ru> wrote:

Hello, guys! You are doing a great job! Thanks for Jitsi and other cool and innovative things.

Just a simple question. Can I set up a configuration with two servers, like this:

(clients@10.1.1.1 <mailto:clients@10.2.2.2> --- JabberServer+VideoBridge) ------- vpn-------- (JabberServer2+VideoBridge2 --- clients@10.2.2.2)

Is it possible in any way? Using desktop Jitsi or web-based "meet" app... Just for the sake of traffic reduction. As you understand, in case of single server all video streams in amount almost (N * N / 2) will go throung the vpn, and it's quite a lot....

--
Saúl

I'm not sure I got you right. Especially about federation through subdomains. Is it "No, absolutely no, you can't save bandwidth"?

Well, I know only how 3 things works: first is an ordinary messaging. It's server-to-server, it's ok. Second is callings, and it's peer-to-peer, so there must be TURNs installed on both sides of VPN. And the last is Jitsi's conference / colibri, which is powered by... magic. There is smart-client, or "focus", which handles signaling and pass all the streams through itself, working as a TURN, am I right? And it's double-magic when we have two servers. What happens when I start up client, click "Create a video bridge" and select people from different servers? (PS we don't see each other, but our servers do).

···

Пятница, 3 марта 2017, 13:28 +06:00 от Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <scorretge@atlassian.com>:

On Mar 2, 2017, at 15:50, - - < ushastik-007@mail.ru > wrote:

( clients@10.1.1.1 --- JabberServer+VideoBridge) ------- vpn-------- (JabberServer2+VideoBridge2 --- clients@10.2.2.2 )

You can connect multiple bridges to a single signaling server just fine, but conferences are scheduled on different bridges based on their load, and there is no way to change that.

You could use subdomains and leverage the fact that XMPP is federated to interconnect both infrastructures.

Cheers,

--
Saúl

С уважением,
- -
ushastik-007@mail.ru

I'm not sure I got you right. Especially about federation through subdomains. Is it "No, absolutely no, you can't save bandwidth"?

Well, I know only how 3 things works: first is an ordinary messaging. It's server-to-server, it's ok. Second is callings, and it's peer-to-peer, so there must be TURNs installed on both sides of VPN. And the last is Jitsi's conference / colibri, which is powered by... magic. There is smart-client, or "focus", which handles signaling and pass all the streams through itself, working as a TURN, am I right? And it's double-magic when we have two servers. What happens when I start up client, click "Create a video bridge" and select people from different servers? (PS we don't see each other, but our servers do).

I think I misunderstood your use case. I *think* what you might be asking for it “cascaded” bridges, that is: some users join one bridge, some others join another bridge, and then the bridges join each other so all participants can see each other. Is this what you need? If so, I’m afraid that not currently supported.

Cheers,

···

On Mar 3, 2017, at 11:11, - - <ushastik-007@mail.ru> wrote:

Пятница, 3 марта 2017, 13:28 +06:00 от Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <scorretge@atlassian.com <mailto:scorretge@atlassian.com>>:

On Mar 2, 2017, at 15:50, - - <ushastik-007@mail.ru <mailto:ushastik-007@mail.ru>> wrote:

(clients@10.1.1.1 <mailto:clients@10.2.2.2> --- JabberServer+VideoBridge) ------- vpn-------- (JabberServer2+VideoBridge2 --- clients@10.2.2.2 <mailto:clients@10.2.2.2>)

Cheers,

--
Saúl

С уважением,
- -
ushastik-007@mail.ru <mailto:ushastik-007@mail.ru>
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Saúl