[jitsi-users] TLS Configuration cannot add X509 certs

Hello Team Jitsi,

I would like to use your pre-built desktop client for XMPP and SIP purposes as the one I am using currently limits to 12 accounts I could have. I would rather not disclosed the mentioned software, but I am dealing with multiple SIP and XMPP accounts that surpasses 12 limitations. All accounts require TLS and Encryption connection. If I could get some help or point to a guide that I could follow on setting up at least 1 SIP and XMPP accounts in Jitsi client. I currently have the appropriate certs in x509 form, but not pkcs11. This is the part that is very obscure to me not sure how to go about converting it. I use a Mac OSx and don’t have a access to a windows machine.

Thank you for your taking your time to read this. Hope to hear from you soon.
-Bryce Caballero

I'm not sure what kind of TLS encryption you're referring to. Simple encrypted connections where the server provides a certificate signed by a certification authority (CA) and the client logs in with username/password should work without any special configuration.

More advanced connections where the client logs in with a client certificate need to be configured. Tools-Options-Advanced-TLS-Client certificates. There you define a template that can be reused in the accounts. The template can refer to a certificate in:
- a Java Keystore (.ks/.keystore)
- a PKCS#12 container (.pfx)
- a Smartcard providing a PKCS#11 compatible library to access it (.dll)

Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 21 Sep 2017, at 23:39, Bryce Caballero <bryce.caballero@haloprivacy.com> wrote:

Hello Team Jitsi,

I would like to use your pre-built desktop client for XMPP and SIP purposes as the one I am using currently limits to 12 accounts I could have. I would rather not disclosed the mentioned software, but I am dealing with multiple SIP and XMPP accounts that surpasses 12 limitations. All accounts require TLS and Encryption connection. If I could get some help or point to a guide that I could follow on setting up at least 1 SIP and XMPP accounts in Jitsi client. I currently have the appropriate certs in x509 form, but not pkcs11. This is the part that is very obscure to me not sure how to go about converting it. I use a Mac OSx and don’t have a access to a windows machine.

Thank you for your taking your time to read this. Hope to hear from you soon.
-Bryce Caballero
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users