[jitsi-users] Stability of 2.0?

Since updating a couple of days ago, I'm getting quite a few crashes with Jitsi 2.0, followed by the "Ouch, restart?" message. This is happening a few times a day for me, even with Jitsi just sitting there doing nothing. It happened to someone else I know who is trying it, when it crashed during a call. I rarely (if ever) got that message with 1.0 over a period of several weeks.

Is this a known issue?

I'm using Windows XP and my java runtime says it's up to date.

I like the look and feel of 2.0 though.

Thanks,
Mark.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Altran.

Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, no responsibility is accepted by Altran or any of its associated companies for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use thereof.

Altran UK Ltd:

Company Number: 3302507, registered in England and Wales

Registered Address: 22 St. Lawrence Street, Bath, BA1 1AN

VAT Registered in Great Britain: 682635707

Please provide Jitsi's logs as described at https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#logs and, if possible, any reports about the crashes displayed by the Windows Event Viewer..

···

On 07.03.2013, at 11:37, Mark Jenkinson <mark.jenkinson@altran.com> wrote:

Since updating a couple of days ago, I’m getting quite a few crashes with Jitsi 2.0, followed by the “Ouch, restart?” message. This is happening a few times a day for me, even with Jitsi just sitting there doing nothing. It happened to someone else I know who is trying it, when it crashed during a call. I rarely (if ever) got that message with 1.0 over a period of several weeks.

Sorry, probably should have replied to users@...

2013-03-07@09.52.09-logs.zip (104 KB)

···

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 07 March 2013 09:58
To: 'Lyubomir Marinov'
Subject: RE: [jitsi-users] Stability of 2.0?

Attached is my zip file. I don't know how far does it normally goes back. It has definitely crashed once this morning (perhaps 10-15 minutes before I sent my email), possibly also another time before that this morning. I wasn't in call at the time.

From: Lubomir Marinov [mailto:lubo@sip-communicator.org] On Behalf Of Lyubomir Marinov

Sent: 07 March 2013 09:50
To: users@jitsi.java.net
Cc: Mark Jenkinson
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Stability of 2.0?

On 07.03.2013, at 11:37, Mark Jenkinson <mark.jenkinson@altran.com> wrote:

Since updating a couple of days ago, I'm getting quite a few crashes with Jitsi 2.0, followed by the "Ouch, restart?" message. This is happening a few times a day for me, even with Jitsi just sitting there doing nothing. It happened to someone else I know who is trying it, when it crashed during a call. I rarely (if ever) got that message with 1.0 over a period of several weeks.

Please provide Jitsi's logs as described at https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#logs and, if possible, any reports about the crashes displayed by the Windows Event Viewer.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Altran.

Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, no responsibility is accepted by Altran or any of its associated companies for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use thereof.

Altran UK Ltd:

If you're able to start Jitsi, go to Tools, Options, Advanced, Contact sources, Address book and uncheck the Outlook search. (You may want to restart Jitsi afterwards for the sake of staying on the safe side.) Otherwise, delete jmsoutlookaddrbook.dll.

Your friend who experienced crashes may want to do the same..

···

On 07.03.2013, at 11:59, Mark Jenkinson <mark.jenkinson@altran.com> wrote:

<2013-03-07@09.52.09-logs.zip>

Yes I can do that and don't personally need the Outlook search. I will see if it is more stable now.

I will tell my friend, but unfortunately he really likes the Outlook link and uses it a lot for his contacts! (Actually we found that Jitsi's own contacts list occasionally empties itself, certainly on 1.0. We make copies of the contactlist.xml file to restore it.)

If it is the Outlook link, is that fixable in the future? I would be interested in turning it back on at some stage.

Thanks,
Mark.

···

From: Lubomir Marinov [mailto:lubo@sip-communicator.org] On Behalf Of Lyubomir Marinov

Sent: 07 March 2013 10:12
To: users@jitsi.java.net
Cc: Mark Jenkinson

On 07.03.2013, at 11:59, Mark Jenkinson <mark.jenkinson@altran.com> wrote:

<2013-03-07@09.52.09-logs.zip>

If you're able to start Jitsi, go to Tools, Options, Advanced, Contact sources, Address book and uncheck the Outlook search. (You may want to restart Jitsi afterwards for the sake of staying on the safe side.) Otherwise, delete jmsoutlookaddrbook.dll.

Your friend who experienced crashes may want to do the same.

Altran UK Ltd:

The crashes described in the logs that you provided were all caused by "the Outlook link". It should be fixable but I cannot commit to a specific time frame..

···

On 07.03.2013, at 12:19, Mark Jenkinson <mark.jenkinson@altran.com> wrote:

If it is the Outlook link, is that fixable in the future? I would be interested in turning it back on at some stage.

OK, thanks very much for your prompt help.

···

Sent: 07 March 2013 10:23
To: Mark Jenkinson
Cc: users@jitsi.java.net

On 07.03.2013, at 12:19, Mark Jenkinson <mark.jenkinson@altran.com> wrote:

The crashes described in the logs that you provided were all caused by "the Outlook link". It should be fixable but I cannot commit to a specific time frame.

Altran UK Ltd: