on a Linux Debian 7, closing a user session with Jitsi 1.0.1-build.3967 still
on, makes ~/.jitsi/contactlist.xml corrupt, in the sense that some or all
<child-contacts> sections disappear.

Hope this helps,
  Matteo

Yes, it happens (although i dont think that the specific Linux version
has to do with it). I had to re-create my SIP group+contacts from time
totime. Last time was yesterday.
The day before that the SIP contacts lost their user-defined names.

I use Debian Testing (7/Wheezy) with openjdk.

···

--
O zi buna,
Kertesz Laszlo

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Hi,

do you reproduce this on every run? What is the java version there?

Thanks
damencho

···

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matteo Calorio <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Hope this helps,
Matteo

Hi,

no just sometimes.

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.1) (6b24-1.11.1-3)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Thanks,
  Matteo

---- Original Messagge ----

···

Sent: giovedì 26 aprile 2012, 10:29
To: users@jitsi.java.net
Cc:
Subj: [jitsi-users] Re: Sometimes closing Jitsi corrupts contactlist.xml

Hi,

Thanks
damencho

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matteo Calorio <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

on a Linux Debian 7, closing a user session with Jitsi 1.0.1-build.3967

still

Hope this helps,
Matteo

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

I too observed this issue. I had to re-create my SIP group+contacts from
time to time. Last time was yesterday.

It doesn't happen all the time.

···

Thanks
damencho

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matteo Calorio > <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Hope this helps,
Matteo

--
O zi buna,
Kertesz Laszlo

Yeah,

we have seen this several times, but its hard to find the cause of it
cause it happens rarely and there is no reliable way to reproduce it.
That's why I ask does Matteo reproduce it every time? Cause, if he
does we can try locating the problem.

Regards
damencho

···

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Kertesz Laszlo <laszlo.kertesz@gmail.com> wrote:

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

Thanks
damencho

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matteo Calorio >> <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Hope this helps,
Matteo

--
O zi buna,
Kertesz Laszlo

Hi,

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

I can also confirm that my SIP contacts sometimes loose their display names.

This happens when the following exception occurs when reading the list from disk during startup:

[java] 16:38:17.685 FINER: impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.fireMetaContactEvent().2757 Will dispatch the following mcl event: MetaContactEvent-[ ContactID=XYZ ABC, eventID=1, ParentGroup=TestGroup
      [java] 16:38:17.688 WARNING: impl.contactlist.MclStorageManager.processGroupXmlNode().851 Failed to parse meta contact [meta-contact: null]. Will remove and continue with other contacts
      [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.contactlist.contactsource.MetaContactListSource.metaContactAdded(MetaContactListSource.java:480)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.contactlist.contactsource.MetaContactListSource.metaContactAdded(MetaContactListSource.java:453)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.fireMetaContactEvent(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:2765)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.loadStoredMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:3079)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MclStorageManager.processGroupXmlNode(MclStorageManager.java:839)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MclStorageManager.processGroupXmlNode(MclStorageManager.java:895)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MclStorageManager.extractContactsForAccount(MclStorageManager.java:624)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.handleProviderAdded(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:1783)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.serviceChanged(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:2183)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeServiceListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:871)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:733)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireServiceEvent(EventDispatcher.java:662)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent(Felix.java:3890)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.access$000(Felix.java:79)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix$2.serviceChanged(Felix.java:728)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:107)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(Felix.java:2979)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:313)
      [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:287)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.ProtocolProviderFactory.loadAccount(ProtocolProviderFactory.java:885)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AccountManager.doLoadStoredAccounts(AccountManager.java:198)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AccountManager.loadStoredAccounts(AccountManager.java:348)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AccountManager.runInLoadStoredAccountsThread(AccountManager.java:464)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AccountManager.access$100(AccountManager.java:25)
      [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AccountManager$2.run(AccountManager.java:389)

I can see from the log that the contact list is then in state "MODIFIED" and gets written to disk with the SIP number instead of the initial display name.

[java] 16:38:20.097 FINER: impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.fireMetaContactEvent().2811 Will dispatch the following mcl property change event: net.java.sip.communicator.service.contactlist.event.MetaContactRenamedEvent[source=MetaContact[ DisplayName=711]]

[java] 16:38:21.024 FINER: impl.contactlist.MclStorageManager.storeContactList0().403 storing contact list. because is started ==true
      [java] 16:38:21.024 FINER: impl.contactlist.MclStorageManager.storeContactList0().406 storing contact list. because is modified ==true

I see two (maybe related) problems here:
- There is no obvious reason for the exception. The contact that fails is exactly like all the other contacts.
- Even if there is an exception during reading it shouldn't lead to the MetaContactRenamedEvent events and finally to loosing the display names.

Jitsi:
Last Changed Rev: 9556
Last Changed Date: 2012-04-25 23:04:56 +0700 (Wed, 25 Apr 2012)

Java:
java version "1.6.0_30"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)

I'll try to construct a contact list with fake data to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,
Raphael

···

On 04/26/2012 03:57 PM, Kertesz Laszlo wrote:

Thanks
damencho

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matteo Calorio >> <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Hope this helps,
  Matteo