[jitsi-users] Some questions about Jitsi Videobridge scalability

Hi,

I'd like to ask a question about Jitsi Videobridge.
How scalable is it?

Here is a list of more specific questions:

1) What is the max number of conferences it can handle per videobridge?

2) What is the realistic max number of participants per conference, so that it is still stable and quality is good?

3) What is the max total number of participants per Jitsi Videobridge instance, i.e. on a single machine?

4) What is a typical bandwidth usage? Is there some kind of formula that can be used to estimate it based on the number of participants and may be the resolution of video streams?

It would be really nice to get not only pure numbers as answers to my questions, but also explanations about those limits, e.g. if those limits are due to the way how Jitsi Videobridge software is designed or may be it is mostly due to hardware limits (e.g. not enough CPU power, saturation of bandwidth, etc). In case of hardware limits, it would be interesting to know which hardware was used to obtain mentioned numbers.

Thanks,
Leo

Hi again!

Could anyone provide some feedback on this?

Thanks,
Leo

···

Leo Romanoff <romixlev@yahoo.com> schrieb am 15:46 Donnerstag, 17.April 2014:

Hi,

How scalable is it?

2) What is the realistic max number of participants per conference, so that it is still stable and quality is good?

3) What is the max total number of participants per Jitsi Videobridge instance, i.e. on a single machine?

4) What is a typical bandwidth usage? Is there some kind of formula that can be used to estimate it based on the number of participants and may be the resolution of video streams?

It would be really nice to get not only pure numbers as answers to my questions, but also explanations about those limits, e.g. if those limits are due to the way how Jitsi Videobridge software is designed or may be it is mostly due to hardware limits (e.g. not enough CPU power, saturation of bandwidth, etc). In case of hardware limits, it would be interesting to know which hardware was used to obtain mentioned numbers.

Thanks,
Leo

Yet another ping! :slight_smile:

Any feedback is very appreciated!

Thanks,
Leo

···

Leo Romanoff <romixlev@yahoo.com> schrieb am 17:59 Donnerstag, 24.April 2014:

Hi again!

Could anyone provide some feedback on this?

Thanks,
Leo

Leo Romanoff <romixlev@yahoo.com> schrieb am 15:46 Donnerstag, 17.April 2014:

Hi,

How scalable is it?

Thanks,
Leo