Thanks for long response.
I will try to do what you explain
even if it seems a little complicated for my knowledge.
Maybe it will
take some time. If I have something significant I will come back
Thanks for sending this. I still think that Aastra should fix
issue ... but if they haven't responded to it yet, then ok ...
try to work around it.
In case you are willing to spend a
little bit more time on this, the
best way to do it would be to
implement a method processor and
register it in the protocol provider
You can have a look at
handles OPTIONS requests. What you need to do is pretty much the same
thing (except for the content of the processRequest() method).
processRequest() you would basically have to construct and send the
Now, note that we already have an INFO method processor:
dtmf/DTMFInfo.java. It handles incoming DTMF tones and generates
events that other bundles can use for whatever. This will have to
continue working so in your new class (e.g. InfoKeepAliveProcessor)
you could make sure that you only handle INFO requests with no
content. Feel free to add javadocs that explain how this is a
workaround for AASTRA behaviour.
Let me know if you have any
P.S. If you are interested in doing
this we'd also need you to sign
our contributor agreement:
You can send this to me personally
Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Joël wrote:
While waiting a
answer from AASTRA I have downloaded the source code of
made a few modifications to answer the way Polycom does (send 200
when receving a INFO request ).
It works well with our AASTRA
A5000 callserver and we will test it a few
I am not at
all a developper and I think my way of doing that is awfull but
someone want to test.
What I did:
Line 948 :
Response response =
if ( method.equals(Request.INFO))
response = this.getMessageFactory().createResponse(
Response response =
If needed I can
give the resulting class file or jar package.
Once compiled I have
juste taken the protocol-sip.jar file and put it in the
FilesJitsisc-bundles of jitsi installation.
Maybe AASTRA will
correct that problem in a new release.
Thanks to Jitsi developper
for their job on this project. I have been able
to folow their
instructions and build from the source in a few hours. I did
think it was possible so easyly.