[jitsi-users] sip-communicator.properties

I have some confusion on the file sip-communicator.properties. From the documentation I could find it seems like this is the file to use to set properties for a Jitsi client, but from the testing I have done so far it seems like this file does nothing and all properties are set by props.hsql.script. What I am trying to do is write a script to provision jitsi when an active directory user logs in (I don't want them to have to enable online provisioning, just log in and ready to go). All of that part and determining sip user by computer's mac address should be no problem but I can't figure out how to easily rewrite jitsi's config. Does anyone know more about this?

I have some confusion on the file sip-communicator.properties. From the
documentation I could find it seems like this is the file to use to set
properties for a Jitsi client, but from the testing I have done so far
it seems like this file does nothing and all properties are set by
props.hsql.script.

The properties file can get quite large. The configuration backend was thus replaced with a HSQL database. You can force using a properties file by creating an empty file named ".usepropfileconfig".

What I am trying to do is write a script to provision
jitsi when an active directory user logs in (I don't want them to have
to enable online provisioning, just log in and ready to go). All of that
part and determining sip user by computer's mac address should be no
problem but I can't figure out how to easily rewrite jitsi's config.
Does anyone know more about this?

Why don't you enabled provisioning while you install Jitsi? There are MSI commandline parameters for it [1] and you can pass the computer's MAC address as part of the provisioning URL.
If you're not on Windows, you can still set the provisioning URL in jitsi-default-overrides.properties (place this next to jitsi-defaults.properties in the installation directory). This has the additional benefit that a regular cannot prevent provisioning.

Ingo

[1] https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/wiki/Parameters-for-the-MSI-package