[jitsi-users] Searching Openfire users from Jitsi

Hello,
I'm setting up an Openfire server (version 3.9.3) to replace our existing IM program. We like Jitsi especially for its videobridge, but I'm having trouble with the search function.
When searching for users, by default it looks only at existing contacts. I have figured out how to configure Jitsi (3.5.+) to look at Outlook and LDAP, but I'm hitting some snags.
First is that the username is based on the sAMAccountName attribute in AD, which is different from our email addresses, but the LDAP searches only return email addresses for adding to contacts. While the users can change that to the correct username, the naming convention for our account names has changed over the years and isn't consistent, so there is often confusion as to what is the correct username to add.

So my question is whether it is possible for Jitsi to search the openfire server when looking up users (the search plugin is enabled and works on Spark).
Alternatively, am I missing a way to configure the LDAP search to return the userPrincipleName attribute for the username?

Thank you for your time,

Justin Hughes
Applications Administrator
Ontario Systems, LLC
765-751-7079

Attention: This message and all attachments are private and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged. If you received this
message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete
the message immediately.

Isn't the 'Fields'-tab in the LDAP configuration what you are looking for? As far as I get your problem, you should be able to enter userPrincipalName into 'Mail field(s)' or (sAMAccountName and @example.org in mail suffix fields).

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

Le 07.08.2014 à 03:40, "Justin Hughes" <Justin.Hughes@OntarioSystems.com> a écrit :

Hello,
I’m setting up an Openfire server (version 3.9.3) to replace our existing IM program. We like Jitsi especially for its videobridge, but I’m having trouble with the search function.
When searching for users, by default it looks only at existing contacts. I have figured out how to configure Jitsi (3.5.+) to look at Outlook and LDAP, but I’m hitting some snags.
First is that the username is based on the sAMAccountName attribute in AD, which is different from our email addresses, but the LDAP searches only return email addresses for adding to contacts. While the users can change that to the correct username, the naming convention for our account names has changed over the years and isn’t consistent, so there is often confusion as to what is the correct username to add.

So my question is whether it is possible for Jitsi to search the openfire server when looking up users (the search plugin is enabled and works on Spark).
Alternatively, am I missing a way to configure the LDAP search to return the userPrincipleName attribute for the username?

Thank you for your time,

Justin Hughes
Applications Administrator
Ontario Systems, LLC
765-751-7079

Join Ontario Systems at PowerUp 2014. Visit the website and register today. Register today.
  ­­
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users