[jitsi-users] Script or other list to help delete all Jitsi Meet logs?

Hi,

I've recently been working with some high risk journalists and helping them test a self hosted Jitsi Meet instance to enable them to have conversations with various vulnerable people all over the world - without having to use Skype etc. I am looking to find a way to maximise their privacy and security.

Does anyone have a script to remove all logs or does anyone have a list / methodology that can be used to ensure logging is turned off? Obviously there is always going to be some security hazards but I at least want the basics done.

Thanks!
-D

Hi there,

I assume you mean the browser console logs, right? In that case, you can control it with the logging_config file: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/logging_config.js

You could set the default level to ‘error’ to disable other logger overrides and that way only errors will show up in the bowser console.

Cheers,

···

On May 5, 2017, at 20:36, External Mail <externalmail@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I've recently been working with some high risk journalists and helping them test a self hosted Jitsi Meet instance to enable them to have conversations with various vulnerable people all over the world - without having to use Skype etc. I am looking to find a way to maximise their privacy and security.

Does anyone have a script to remove all logs or does anyone have a list / methodology that can be used to ensure logging is turned off? Obviously there is always going to be some security hazards but I at least want the basics done.

--
Saúl

Hi,

Thanks for that .

I actually meant ensuring all server side logs are disabled and/or removed.

···

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Script or other list to help delete all Jitsi Meet logs?
Local Time: 8 May 2017 10:10 AM
UTC Time: 8 May 2017 09:10
To: External Mail <externalmail@protonmail.com>, Jitsi Users <users@jitsi.org>

On May 5, 2017, at 20:36, External Mail <externalmail@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Hi there,

I assume you mean the browser console logs, right? In that case, you can control it with the logging_config file: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/logging_config.js

You could set the default level to ‘error’ to disable other logger overrides and that way only errors will show up in the bowser console.

Cheers,

--
Saúl

Hi,

Thanks for that .

I actually meant ensuring all server side logs are disabled and/or removed.

Oh, I see. Then there are a bunch of components which need adjusting:

- web server
- prosody (xmpp server)
- jicofo
- jitsi-videobridge

I believe joust by editing the corresponding sip-communicator.properties files in /etc/jitsi/* should take care of it for the last 2.

Hope that helps!

···

On May 8, 2017, at 19:36, External Mail <externalmail@protonmail.com> wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Script or other list to help delete all Jitsi Meet logs?
Local Time: 8 May 2017 10:10 AM
UTC Time: 8 May 2017 09:10
To: External Mail <externalmail@protonmail.com>, Jitsi Users <users@jitsi.org>

> On May 5, 2017, at 20:36, External Mail <externalmail@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've recently been working with some high risk journalists and helping them test a self hosted Jitsi Meet instance to enable them to have conversations with various vulnerable people all over the world - without having to use Skype etc. I am looking to find a way to maximise their privacy and security.
>
> Does anyone have a script to remove all logs or does anyone have a list / methodology that can be used to ensure logging is turned off? Obviously there is always going to be some security hazards but I at least want the basics done.
>

Hi there,

Cheers,

--
Saúl

--
Saúl