[jitsi-users] Screen Share


#1

Hello,

I installed Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu 16.04 via the unstable repository.

Comparing my install to the demo ( https://meet.jit.si ), I noticed
screen sharing was available on the demo, but not in my install.

I've seen a few articles that recommend installing extensions on the
browser to share screens, but screen sharing was available on the demo
site without me installing any extension on my browser( chromium-browser ).

Is there a way to share screens without installing extensions on browsers?

Richard


#2

No,

Webrtc implementation in chrome/chromium requires extension in order to
enable desktop sharing for a certain site. If you are able to share desktop
on meet.jit.si so you are having Jitsi Meetings extension and you will see
it in chrome://extensions/.
Since version 52 of Firefox, an extension is not needed, before that, it
was a meter of whitelisting, whether officially by Firefox or by installing
an extension.

Regards
damencho

···

On Mar 3, 2018 08:08, "Richard Geddes" <richardcgeddes@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I installed Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu 16.04 via the unstable repository.

Comparing my install to the demo ( https://meet.jit.si ), I noticed
screen sharing was available on the demo, but not in my install.

I've seen a few articles that recommend installing extensions on the
browser to share screens, but screen sharing was available on the demo
site without me installing any extension on my browser( chromium-browser ).

Is there a way to share screens without installing extensions on browsers?

Richard

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#3

Thanks for the info. I tried Firefox (58) on my jitsi installation and
yes, the screen sharing is present without any extension.

I installed the Jitsi Meet extension on chromium-browser (Ubuntu), but
that did not enable screen sharing on my browser with my jitsi meet
installation, although screen sharing is enabled using this browser and
the Jitsi demo site.

I looked at the Jitsi Meet extension on chromium-browser, and found no
configuration section. Does this extension require white listing the
server domain? if so, how can i accomplish that?

Richard

···

On 03/03/2018 10:46 AM, Damian Minkov wrote:

No,

Webrtc implementation in chrome/chromium requires extension in order
to enable desktop sharing for a certain site. If you are able to share
desktop on meet.jit.si <http://meet.jit.si> so you are having Jitsi
Meetings extension and you will see it in chrome://extensions/.
Since version 52 of Firefox, an extension is not needed, before that,
it was a meter of whitelisting, whether officially by Firefox or by
installing an extension.

Regards
damencho

On Mar 3, 2018 08:08, "Richard Geddes" <richardcgeddes@gmail.com > <mailto:richardcgeddes@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hello,

    I installed Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu 16.04 via the unstable repository.

    Comparing my install to the demo ( https://meet.jit.si ), I noticed
    screen sharing was available on the demo, but not in my install.

    I've seen a few articles that recommend installing extensions on the
    browser to share screens, but screen sharing was available on the demo
    site without me installing any extension on my browser(
    chromium-browser ).

    Is there a way to share screens without installing extensions on
    browsers?

    Richard

    _______________________________________________
    users mailing list
    users@jitsi.org <mailto:users@jitsi.org>
    Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
    http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
    <http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users>

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#4

Hey there,

Thanks for the info. I tried Firefox (58) on my jitsi installation and
yes, the screen sharing is present without any extension.

I installed the Jitsi Meet extension on chromium-browser (Ubuntu), but
that did not enable screen sharing on my browser with my jitsi meet
installation, although screen sharing is enabled using this browser and the
Jitsi demo site.

I looked at the Jitsi Meet extension on chromium-browser, and found no
configuration section. Does this extension require white listing the
server domain? if so, how can i accomplish that?

You’d need to publish your own.

Emil

···

On Sun 4 Mar 2018 at 13:58, Richard Geddes <richardcgeddes@gmail.com> wrote:

Richard

On 03/03/2018 10:46 AM, Damian Minkov wrote:

No,

Webrtc implementation in chrome/chromium requires extension in order to
enable desktop sharing for a certain site. If you are able to share desktop
on meet.jit.si so you are having Jitsi Meetings extension and you will
see it in chrome://extensions/.
Since version 52 of Firefox, an extension is not needed, before that, it
was a meter of whitelisting, whether officially by Firefox or by installing
an extension.

Regards
damencho

On Mar 3, 2018 08:08, "Richard Geddes" <richardcgeddes@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I installed Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu 16.04 via the unstable repository.

Comparing my install to the demo ( https://meet.jit.si ), I noticed
screen sharing was available on the demo, but not in my install.

I've seen a few articles that recommend installing extensions on the
browser to share screens, but screen sharing was available on the demo
site without me installing any extension on my browser( chromium-browser
).

Is there a way to share screens without installing extensions on browsers?

Richard

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing listusers@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
—sent from my mobile