[jitsi-users] Remote Desktop - Keybord and mouse Commands encrypted?

Hi Community,

My question: If I’m using “remote desktop” to control a remote computer, are the keyboard and mouse commands I send to the remote computer end-to-end encrypted?

Thanks in advance for your support!

M.

Hi M,
I think that would depend on how you're connecting to the remote desktop. Different clients and connections will support different things.
My point is that I think this is very situation specific and not relevant to Jitsi.

Thanks,
Nick

···

To: users@jitsi.org
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:54:34 +0200
Subject: [jitsi-users] Remote Desktop - Keybord and mouse Commands encrypted?

Hi Community,

My question: If I'm using "remote desktop" to control a remote computer, are the keyboard and mouse commands I send to the remote computer end-to-end encrypted?

M.

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Nick H wrote:

Hi M,
I think that would depend on how you're connecting to the remote desktop. Different clients and connections will support different things.
My point is that I think this is very situation specific and not relevant to Jitsi.

Thanks,
Nick

I asume M. was referring to the "desktop control" feature present in Jitsi. Its a valid question AFAIK.

PS. The aforementioned feature does not work consistently (or should i say, mostly not working). Especially on non-LAN connections it tends to lose many events then just "disable" itself regardless of the checkbox (toggling the box doesnt bring it back). Even on LAN it works for only a while.

···

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:54:34 +0200
Subject: [jitsi-users] Remote Desktop - Keybord and mouse Commands encrypted?

Hi Community,
My question: If I'm using "remote desktop" to control a remote computer, are the keyboard and mouse commands I send to the remote computer end-to-end encrypted?
M.

_______________________________________________ users mailing list users@jitsi.org Unsubscribe instructions and other list options: http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
O zi buna,
Kertesz Laszlo

Hi again,

Thanks for the correction -- I actually just realized that.
My apologies.

Nick

···

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:00:10 +0300
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Remote Desktop - Keybord and mouse Commands encrypted?

Nick H wrote:
> Hi M,
> I think that would depend on how you're connecting to the remote desktop. Different clients and connections will support different things.
> My point is that I think this is very situation specific and not relevant to Jitsi.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>
I asume M. was referring to the "desktop control" feature present in Jitsi. Its a valid question AFAIK.

PS. The aforementioned feature does not work consistently (or should i say, mostly not working). Especially on non-LAN connections it tends to lose many events then just "disable" itself regardless of the checkbox (toggling the box doesnt bring it back). Even on LAN it works for only a while.

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> From: Matze112@gmx.net
> To: users@jitsi.org
> Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:54:34 +0200
> Subject: [jitsi-users] Remote Desktop - Keybord and mouse Commands encrypted?
>
> Hi Community,
> My question: If I'm using "remote desktop" to control a remote computer, are the keyboard and mouse commands I send to the remote computer end-to-end encrypted?
> Thanks in advance for your support!
> M.
>
> _______________________________________________ users mailing list users@jitsi.org Unsubscribe instructions and other list options: http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users@jitsi.org
> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>

--
O zi buna,
Kertesz Laszlo