[jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in Jitsi

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use provisioning options to set all options for users just after he/she installs it from my Active Directory repository through group policy. Here is my configuration: - Microsoft Active Directory for user accounts (LDAP); - Openfire 3.9.3 as XMPP server with LDAP users authorisation; - Jitsi 2.4.4997 - only for XMPP accounts;As for now I am able to install Jitsi, configure manually to connect to my Openfire server with AD credentials. Everything works as a charm. But when I try to use provisioning I just don't understand a few things:1. I know that with provisioning I can set all parameters that are stored in sip-communicator.properties. I know, that when I want to use XMPP account I have to set line: net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749=acc1407427823749 and all other related to jabber account, but what is this number for? Is it a random number? If I want to use only one XMPP account per user (one account for user profile on desktop machine) can I just hardcode this number in my provisioning script - same number for every user, or should it be unique for everyone? 2. When I set ${user} and ${password} parameter in my provisioning URI, server receives it in plaintext. If i want to prepare account for user I have to create such line: net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749.ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD=something_encodedHow can I encode password that user provided during provisioning to not ask him for the same password again? (I know that when i don't add that line Jitsi will ask user for password again when it tries to connect to XMPP server). I am using PHP script for provisioning, and have no idea how could I encode this password to get correct hash. 3. My users should be able to search AD for others, so I need to prepare Contact Source for LDAP searching, and I can prepare everything but user password - the same situation as previous - same encoding algorith needed. Without this password searching is not working (I cannot allow anonymous LDAP search). If someone could help me I would be realy gratefull. ---Michal----

1. yes, this is a random number. You can use whatever you like and it can be the same for every user.

2./3. provision the passwords as net.x.y.PASSWORD=plaintextpw
The provisioning service in Jitsi takes care of encrypting and storing it as ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the local configuration.

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

Le 08.08.2014 à 00:34, "Michal" <michal1981@poczta.fm> a écrit :

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use provisioning options to set all options for users just after he/she installs it from my Active Directory repository through group policy.

Here is my configuration:

- Microsoft Active Directory for user accounts (LDAP);

- Openfire 3.9.3 as XMPP server with LDAP users authorisation;

- Jitsi 2.4.4997 - only for XMPP accounts;

As for now I am able to install Jitsi, configure manually to connect to my Openfire server with AD credentials. Everything works as a charm.

But when I try to use provisioning I just don't understand a few things:

1. I know that with provisioning I can set all parameters that are stored in sip-communicator.properties. I know, that when I want to use XMPP account I have to set line:

net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749=acc1407427823749

and all other related to jabber account, but what is this number for? Is it a random number? If I want to use only one XMPP account per user (one account for user profile on desktop machine) can I just hardcode this number in my provisioning script - same number for every user, or should it be unique for everyone?

2. When I set ${user} and ${password} parameter in my provisioning URI, server receives it in plaintext. If i want to prepare account for user I have to create such line:

net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749.ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD=something_encoded

How can I encode password that user provided during provisioning to not ask him for the same password again? (I know that when i don't add that line Jitsi will ask user for password again when it tries to connect to XMPP server). I am using PHP script for provisioning, and have no idea how could I encode this password to get correct hash.

3. My users should be able to search AD for others, so I need to prepare Contact Source for LDAP searching, and I can prepare everything but user password - the same situation as previous - same encoding algorith needed. Without this password searching is not working (I cannot allow anonymous LDAP search).

If someone could help me I would be realy gratefull.

---Michal----

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Is this really so easy?? I'll check this tomorrow, thank you very much :)---Michal----Od: "Ingo Bauersachs" &lt;ingo@jitsi.org&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:04 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in Jitsi1. yes, this is a random number. You can use whatever you like and it can be the same for every user.2./3. provision the passwords as net.x.y.PASSWORD=plaintextpwThe provisioning service in Jitsi takes care of encrypting and storing it as ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the local configuration.Freundliche Grüsse,Ingo Bauersachs-- sent from my mobileLe 08.08.2014 à 00:34, "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt; a écrit&nbsp;:

Hi everyone,&nbsp;I'm trying to use provisioning options to set all options for users just after he/she installs it from my Active Directory repository through group policy.&nbsp;Here is my configuration:&nbsp;- Microsoft Active Directory for user accounts (LDAP);&nbsp;- Openfire 3.9.3 as XMPP server with LDAP users authorisation;&nbsp;- Jitsi 2.4.4997 - only for XMPP accounts;As for now I am able to install Jitsi, configure manually to connect to my Openfire server with AD credentials. Everything works as a charm.&nbsp;But when I try to use provisioning I just don't understand a few things:1. I know that with provisioning I can set all parameters that are stored in sip-communicator.properties. I know, that when I want to use XMPP account I have to set line:&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749=acc1407427823749&nbsp;and all other related to jabber account, but what is this number for? Is it a random number? If I want to use only one XMPP account per user (one account for user profile on desktop machine) can I just hardcode this number in my provisioning script - same number for every user, or should it be unique for everyone?&nbsp;2. When I set ${user} and ${password} parameter in my provisioning URI, server receives it in plaintext. If i want to prepare account for user I have to create such line:&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749.ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD=something_encodedHow can I encode password that user provided during provisioning to not ask him for the same password again? (I know that when i don't add that line Jitsi will ask user for password again when it tries to connect to XMPP server). I am using PHP script for provisioning, and have no idea how could I encode this password to get correct hash.&nbsp;3. My users should be able to search AD for others, so I need to prepare Contact Source for LDAP searching, and I can prepare everything but user password - the same situation as previous - same encoding algorith needed. Without this password searching is not working (I cannot allow anonymous LDAP search).&nbsp;If someone could help me I would be realy gratefull.&nbsp;---Michal----
_______________________________________________users mailing listusers@jitsi.orgUnsubscribe instructions and other list options:http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Hi, thank you very much Ingo, provisionig is working right now just as you said.I just don't uderstand why I can't search contacts from LDAP directory when it's configuration is set through provisioning script. Script generates exactly the same code as jitsi when setting contact source manualy. Every single line is the same, but when I'm trying to search contact after provisioning it doesnt get enything from LDAP, and what is even stranger, I can't change contact source in advanced options - this tab shows nothing when clicked. I have to stop Jitsi, remove all lines&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.ldap.directories.dir..., then start Jitsy again and configure LDAP contact source. After that operation everything works great - but the code is identical. In fact i copied this code to my provisioning script and just changed password and username properties... What could be wrong??Od: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:10 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in JitsiIs this really so easy?? I'll check this tomorrow, thank you very much :)---Michal----Od: "Ingo Bauersachs" &lt;ingo@jitsi.org&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:04 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in Jitsi1. yes, this is a random number. You can use whatever you like and it can be the same for every user.2./3. provision the passwords as net.x.y.PASSWORD=plaintextpwThe provisioning service in Jitsi takes care of encrypting and storing it as ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the local configuration.Freundliche Grüsse,Ingo Bauersachs-- sent from my mobileLe 08.08.2014 à 00:34, "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt; a écrit&nbsp;:

Hi everyone,&nbsp;I'm trying to use provisioning options to set all options for users just after he/she installs it from my Active Directory repository through group policy.&nbsp;Here is my configuration:&nbsp;- Microsoft Active Directory for user accounts (LDAP);&nbsp;- Openfire 3.9.3 as XMPP server with LDAP users authorisation;&nbsp;- Jitsi 2.4.4997 - only for XMPP accounts;As for now I am able to install Jitsi, configure manually to connect to my Openfire server with AD credentials. Everything works as a charm.&nbsp;But when I try to use provisioning I just don't understand a few things:1. I know that with provisioning I can set all parameters that are stored in sip-communicator.properties. I know, that when I want to use XMPP account I have to set line:&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749=acc1407427823749&nbsp;and all other related to jabber account, but what is this number for? Is it a random number? If I want to use only one XMPP account per user (one account for user profile on desktop machine) can I just hardcode this number in my provisioning script - same number for every user, or should it be unique for everyone?&nbsp;2. When I set ${user} and ${password} parameter in my provisioning URI, server receives it in plaintext. If i want to prepare account for user I have to create such line:&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749.ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD=something_encodedHow can I encode password that user provided during provisioning to not ask him for the same password again? (I know that when i don't add that line Jitsi will ask user for password again when it tries to connect to XMPP server). I am using PHP script for provisioning, and have no idea how could I encode this password to get correct hash.&nbsp;3. My users should be able to search AD for others, so I need to prepare Contact Source for LDAP searching, and I can prepare everything but user password - the same situation as previous - same encoding algorith needed. Without this password searching is not working (I cannot allow anonymous LDAP search).&nbsp;If someone could help me I would be realy gratefull.&nbsp;---Michal----
_______________________________________________users mailing listusers@jitsi.orgUnsubscribe instructions and other list options:http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reviewing Jitsi logs I noticed, that every time when I try to click on Contact Sources Tab it generates &lt;SEVERE&gt; error in jitsi0.log.0&nbsp;23:25:24.417 SEVERE: [38] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().108 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: nulljava.lang.NullPointerException at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ldap.configform.LdapTableModel.&lt;init&gt;(LdapTableModel.java:31) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ldap.configform.LdapConfigForm.&lt;init&gt;(LdapConfigForm.java:89) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.contactsourceconfig.ContactSourceConfigForm.init(ContactSourceConfigForm.java:105) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.contactsourceconfig.ContactSourceConfigForm.&lt;init&gt;(ContactSourceConfigForm.java:69) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.advancedconfig.AdvancedConfigurationPanel.showFormContent(AdvancedConfigurationPanel.java:123) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.advancedconfig.AdvancedConfigurationPanel.valueChanged(AdvancedConfigurationPanel.java:360) at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setValueIsAdjusting(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JList.setValueIsAdjusting(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)Od: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 21:08 Piątek 2014-08-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in JitsiHi, thank you very much Ingo, provisionig is working right now just as you said.I just don't uderstand why I can't search contacts from LDAP directory when it's configuration is set through provisioning script. Script generates exactly the same code as jitsi when setting contact source manualy. Every single line is the same, but when I'm trying to search contact after provisioning it doesnt get enything from LDAP, and what is even stranger, I can't change contact source in advanced options - this tab shows nothing when clicked. I have to stop Jitsi, remove all lines&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.ldap.directories.dir..., then start Jitsy again and configure LDAP contact source. After that operation everything works great - but the code is identical. In fact i copied this code to my provisioning script and just changed password and username properties... What could be wrong??Od: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:10 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in JitsiIs this really so easy?? I'll check this tomorrow, thank you very much :)---Michal----Od: "Ingo Bauersachs" &lt;ingo@jitsi.org&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:04 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in Jitsi1. yes, this is a random number. You can use whatever you like and it can be the same for every user.2./3. provision the passwords as net.x.y.PASSWORD=plaintextpwThe provisioning service in Jitsi takes care of encrypting and storing it as ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the local configuration.Freundliche Grüsse,Ingo Bauersachs-- sent from my mobileLe 08.08.2014 à 00:34, "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt; a écrit&nbsp;:

The LDAP config is a little different tha the account configs. There the number in the first line is a hashcode of the LDAP-config-name, so you cannot change the name or number idependently.

Could be something else, I haven't looked at the source. Ping us again if this isn't the reason.

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

Le 09.08.2014 à 05:30, "Michal" <michal1981@poczta.fm> a écrit :

Reviewing Jitsi logs I noticed, that every time when I try to click on Contact Sources Tab it generates <SEVERE> error in jitsi0.log.0

23:25:24.417 SEVERE: [38] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().108 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ldap.configform.LdapTableModel.<init>(LdapTableModel.java:31)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ldap.configform.LdapConfigForm.<init>(LdapConfigForm.java:89)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.contactsourceconfig.ContactSourceConfigForm.init(ContactSourceConfigForm.java:105)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.contactsourceconfig.ContactSourceConfigForm.<init>(ContactSourceConfigForm.java:69)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.advancedconfig.AdvancedConfigurationPanel.showFormContent(AdvancedConfigurationPanel.java:123)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.advancedconfig.AdvancedConfigurationPanel.valueChanged(AdvancedConfigurationPanel.java:360)

at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setValueIsAdjusting(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JList.setValueIsAdjusting(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Od: "Michal" <michal1981@poczta.fm>
Do: "Jitsi Users" <users@jitsi.org>;
Wysłane: 21:08 Piątek 2014-08-08
Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in Jitsi

Hi, thank you very much Ingo, provisionig is working right now just as you said.

I just don't uderstand why I can't search contacts from LDAP directory when it's configuration is set through provisioning script. Script generates exactly the same code as jitsi when setting contact source manualy. Every single line is the same, but when I'm trying to search contact after provisioning it doesnt get enything from LDAP, and what is even stranger, I can't change contact source in advanced options - this tab shows nothing when clicked. I have to stop Jitsi, remove all lines

net.java.sip.communicator.impl.ldap.directories.dir..., then start Jitsy again and configure LDAP contact source. After that operation everything works great - but the code is identical. In fact i copied this code to my provisioning script and just changed password and username properties... What could be wrong??

Od: "Michal" <michal1981@poczta.fm>
Wysłane: 19:10 Czwartek 2014-08-07

Is this really so easy?? I'll check this tomorrow, thank you very much :slight_smile:

---Michal----

Od: "Ingo Bauersachs" <ingo@jitsi.org>
Wysłane: 19:04 Czwartek 2014-08-07

1. yes, this is a random number. You can use whatever you like and it can be the same for every user.

2./3. provision the passwords as net.x.y.PASSWORD=plaintextpw
The provisioning service in Jitsi takes care of encrypting and storing it as ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the local configuration.

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

Le 08.08.2014 à 00:34, "Michal" <michal1981@poczta.fm> a écrit :

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use provisioning options to set all options for users just after he/she installs it from my Active Directory repository through group policy.

Here is my configuration:

- Microsoft Active Directory for user accounts (LDAP);

- Openfire 3.9.3 as XMPP server with LDAP users authorisation;

- Jitsi 2.4.4997 - only for XMPP accounts;

As for now I am able to install Jitsi, configure manually to connect to my Openfire server with AD credentials. Everything works as a charm.

But when I try to use provisioning I just don't understand a few things:

1. I know that with provisioning I can set all parameters that are stored in sip-communicator.properties. I know, that when I want to use XMPP account I have to set line:

net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749=acc1407427823749

and all other related to jabber account, but what is this number for? Is it a random number? If I want to use only one XMPP account per user (one account for user profile on desktop machine) can I just hardcode this number in my provisioning script - same number for every user, or should it be unique for everyone?

2. When I set ${user} and ${password} parameter in my provisioning URI, server receives it in plaintext. If i want to prepare account for user I have to create such line:

net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc1407427823749.ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD=something_encoded

How can I encode password that user provided during provisioning to not ask him for the same password again? (I know that when i don't add that line Jitsi will ask user for password again when it tries to connect to XMPP server). I am using PHP script for provisioning, and have no idea how could I encode this password to get correct hash.

3. My users should be able to search AD for others, so I need to prepare Contact Source for LDAP searching, and I can prepare everything but user password - the same situation as previous - same encoding algorith needed. Without this password searching is not working (I cannot allow anonymous LDAP search).

If someone could help me I would be realy gratefull.

---Michal----

Thank You so much! It was definitely this problem - now everything works as intented.&nbsp;I had no idea that this numer is different than acc number and cannot be random. Thank you again.&nbsp;Od: "Ingo Bauersachs" &lt;ingo@jitsi.org&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 4:13 Sobota 2014-08-09Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in JitsiThe LDAP config is a little different tha the account configs. There the number in the first line is a hashcode of the LDAP-config-name, so you cannot change the name or number idependently.Could be something else, I haven't looked at the source. Ping us again if this isn't the reason.Freundliche Grüsse,Ingo Bauersachs-- sent from my mobileLe 09.08.2014 à 05:30, "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt; a écrit&nbsp;:

Reviewing Jitsi logs I noticed, that every time when I try to click on Contact Sources Tab it generates &lt;SEVERE&gt; error in jitsi0.log.0&nbsp;23:25:24.417 SEVERE: [38] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().108 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: nulljava.lang.NullPointerException at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ldap.configform.LdapTableModel.&lt;init&gt;(LdapTableModel.java:31) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.ldap.configform.LdapConfigForm.&lt;init&gt;(LdapConfigForm.java:89) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.contactsourceconfig.ContactSourceConfigForm.init(ContactSourceConfigForm.java:105) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.contactsourceconfig.ContactSourceConfigForm.&lt;init&gt;(ContactSourceConfigForm.java:69) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.advancedconfig.AdvancedConfigurationPanel.showFormContent(AdvancedConfigurationPanel.java:123) at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.advancedconfig.AdvancedConfigurationPanel.valueChanged(AdvancedConfigurationPanel.java:360) at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setValueIsAdjusting(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JList.setValueIsAdjusting(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)Od: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 21:08 Piątek 2014-08-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in JitsiHi, thank you very much Ingo, provisionig is working right now just as you said.I just don't uderstand why I can't search contacts from LDAP directory when it's configuration is set through provisioning script. Script generates exactly the same code as jitsi when setting contact source manualy. Every single line is the same, but when I'm trying to search contact after provisioning it doesnt get enything from LDAP, and what is even stranger, I can't change contact source in advanced options - this tab shows nothing when clicked. I have to stop Jitsi, remove all lines&nbsp;net.java.sip.communicator.impl.ldap.directories.dir..., then start Jitsy again and configure LDAP contact source. After that operation everything works great - but the code is identical. In fact i copied this code to my provisioning script and just changed password and username properties... What could be wrong??Od: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:10 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in JitsiIs this really so easy?? I'll check this tomorrow, thank you very much :)---Michal----Od: "Ingo Bauersachs" &lt;ingo@jitsi.org&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 19:04 Czwartek 2014-08-07Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Provisioning XMPP accounts in Jitsi1. yes, this is a random number. You can use whatever you like and it can be the same for every user.2./3. provision the passwords as net.x.y.PASSWORD=plaintextpwThe provisioning service in Jitsi takes care of encrypting and storing it as ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the local configuration.Freundliche Grüsse,Ingo Bauersachs-- sent from my mobileLe 08.08.2014 à 00:34, "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt; a écrit&nbsp;: