[jitsi-users] Problems connecting via SIP: No address found for ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl

We have several workstations running Jitsi 2.8 stable (not yet updated to the new release) using SIP (for telephony) and Jabber (for availability and chatting).
One installation/user occasionally cannot connect to her SIP account. Jabber works fine. Even when manually trying to reconnect, the SIP account stays disconnected. Looking at the logs, I find the following 6 lines repeating every minute or so:

07:46:58.980 INFORMATION: [115] plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator.run().973 Start reconnecting [username] (SIP)
07:46:58.980 WARNUNG: [115] service.resources.AbstractResourcesService.getSettingsInt().596 Missing resource for key: net.java.sip.communicator.SIP_PREFERRED_CLEAR_PORT
07:46:58.981 INFORMATION: [115] impl.protocol.sip.SipLogger.logInfo().185 Info from the JAIN-SIP stack: the sip stack timer gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.timers.DefaultSipTimer has been started
07:46:58.983 WARNUNG: [115] service.resources.AbstractResourcesService.getSettingsInt().596 Missing resource for key: net.java.sip.communicator.SIP_PREFERRED_SECURE_PORT
07:46:59.035 INFORMATION: [115] impl.certificate.CertificateServiceImpl.getTrustManager().671 Using Windows-ROOT. Aliases sucessfully renamed on 53 root certificates.
07:46:59.040 SCHWERWIEGEND: [115] impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.register().349 No address found for ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl([username] (SIP))
07:46:59.041 INFORMATION: [124] plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator.run().610 Reconnect [username] (SIP) after 32000 ms.
07:46:59.044 INFORMATION: [115] impl.protocol.sip.SipLogger.logInfo().185 Info from the JAIN-SIP stack: the sip stack timer gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.timers.DefaultSipTimer has been stopped
07:47:00.044 INFORMATION: [115] impl.protocol.sip.SipLogger.logInfo().185 Info from the JAIN-SIP stack: the sip stack timer gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.timers.DefaultSipTimer has been stopped

The only workaround to this is now to restart Jitsi, but the user is quite annoyed by this recurring problem.

Any suggestions what the problem is and how to fix it?

Kind regards,
Peter

We have several workstations running Jitsi 2.8 stable (not yet updated
to the new release) using SIP (for telephony) and Jabber (for
availability and chatting).
One installation/user occasionally cannot connect to her SIP account.
Jabber works fine. Even when manually trying to reconnect, the SIP
account stays disconnected. Looking at the logs, I find the following 6
lines repeating every minute or so:

[...]
impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.register().349 No
address found for ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl([username] (SIP))
[...]

The only workaround to this is now to restart Jitsi, but the user is
quite annoyed by this recurring problem.

It seems strange the address for the SIP server cannot be resolved. Is it possible that the DNS server for this user are somehow incorrectly configured? Or is there potentially another networking issue on the affected workstation?

Kind regards,
Peter

Ingo

We have several workstations running Jitsi 2.8 stable (not yet updated
to the new release) using SIP (for telephony) and Jabber (for
availability and chatting).
One installation/user occasionally cannot connect to her SIP account.
Jabber works fine. Even when manually trying to reconnect, the SIP
account stays disconnected. Looking at the logs, I find the following 6
lines repeating every minute or so:

[...]
impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.register().349 No
address found for ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl([username] (SIP))
[...]

The only workaround to this is now to restart Jitsi, but the user is
quite annoyed by this recurring problem.

It seems strange the address for the SIP server cannot be resolved. Is it possible that the DNS server for this user are somehow incorrectly configured? Or is there potentially another networking issue on the affected workstation?

Thanks for your reply. I will check that.
It's strange as only one PC/user is affected and all clients are configured via DHCP.
I'll report back when I know more.

Kind regards,
Peter

Ingo

Peter

ยทยทยท

Am 2017-02-28 um 16:51 schrieb Ingo Bauersachs: