[jitsi-users] Probable Noob Question


#1

Hi,

I was just wondering whether Jitsi-Meet can run on Apache or is it just on Nginx for now?
I'm trying to economise :wink:

Thanks
Leo


#2

Hi,

yes it is possible, there were some mails for that in users or dev
list, you just need some apache rewrite rules to do it.
Maybe this one can help:
http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2014-February/019946.html

Regards
damencho

路路路

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM, lists@boywithwings.co.uk <lists@boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I was just wondering whether Jitsi-Meet can run on Apache or is it just on
Nginx for now?
I'm trying to economise :wink:

Thanks
Leo

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#3

Hmm, looks like a bit of a hack. Maybe the documentation needs to be more clear.

Many Thanks!

路路路

On 26/02/15 07:09, Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

yes it is possible, there were some mails for that in users or dev
list, you just need some apache rewrite rules to do it.
Maybe this one can help:
http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2014-February/019946.html

Regards
damencho

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM, lists@boywithwings.co.uk > <lists@boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I was just wondering whether Jitsi-Meet can run on Apache or is it just on
Nginx for now?
I'm trying to economise :wink:

Thanks
Leo

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#4

Hi,
I don't see what is a hack, it is the same rewrite and for nginx. Just
the email summarizes what you need to do to make it work with apache.
Just ignore the openfire part and use virtual host definition.

Regards
damencho

路路路

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 5:37 PM, lists@boywithwings.co.uk <lists@boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:

Hmm, looks like a bit of a hack. Maybe the documentation needs to be more
clear.

Many Thanks!

On 26/02/15 07:09, Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

yes it is possible, there were some mails for that in users or dev
list, you just need some apache rewrite rules to do it.
Maybe this one can help:
http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2014-February/019946.html

Regards
damencho

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM, lists@boywithwings.co.uk >> <lists@boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I was just wondering whether Jitsi-Meet can run on Apache or is it just
on
Nginx for now?
I'm trying to economise :wink:

Thanks
Leo

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users