[jitsi-users] Popups notifications @ Ubuntu

Hello,

I apologize if this issue has been commented already but I couldn't find any article/mail-list about it, therefore, I decided to post it here.

My current employer uses Jitsi Desktop (both for Windows and for Ubuntu) as the official Chat/SIP software for the company. Right now, we are facing some trouble with the pop-ups notifications in the Ubuntu distributions (not so sure if any other Linux variants). Some of my teammates use elementaryOS and the majority use Ubuntu {16.x,17.x} in its original flavor.

The main issue is that pop-ups notifications doesn't show up in our main screen, and you just can notice if a new message arrives by the notification sound. We tried changing the "Jitisi Popups" to "freedesktop.org Desk Notifications", which works for the first couple of minutes, then goes back to not showing anything at all. Any help on this? Have any of you faced this same issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Env details:

···

user@server:~$ jitsi --version

> Jitsi 2.10.5550

I'm not aware of any such issue. Can you please open an issue on Github so I don't loose track of it?

Thanks,
Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 21 Sep 2017, at 23:40, Angel M. Adames <angel.a@futurelinkcorporation.com> wrote:

Hello,

I apologize if this issue has been commented already but I couldn't find any article/mail-list about it, therefore, I decided to post it here.

My current employer uses Jitsi Desktop (both for Windows and for Ubuntu) as the official Chat/SIP software for the company. Right now, we are facing some trouble with the pop-ups notifications in the Ubuntu distributions (not so sure if any other Linux variants). Some of my teammates use elementaryOS and the majority use Ubuntu {16.x,17.x} in its original flavor.

The main issue is that pop-ups notifications doesn't show up in our main screen, and you just can notice if a new message arrives by the notification sound. We tried changing the "Jitisi Popups" to "freedesktop.org Desk Notifications", which works for the first couple of minutes, then goes back to not showing anything at all. Any help on this? Have any of you faced this same issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Env details:

> user@server:~$ jitsi --version
> Jitsi 2.10.5550

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users