[jitsi-users] Please add an option to change the file transfer folder

Hello! I have a suggestion and had searched it on Google before, and found these two old ignored tickets: java.net/jira/browse/JITSI-1120 and java.net/jira/browse/JITSI-1110

Please allow users to change the file transfer download folder in Jitsi. It would be already pretty awesome if it's possible through the "Property Editor" via Advanced in "Options". Most people believe this is a minor problem and I thought this too, but a friend had a huge problem with this:
He has a Solid-State-Drive (short SSD) with very small space. Most of his programs are installed on an external hard drive. While Jitsi is installed on his external hard drive, transfered files are still stored on C: at his userprofile download folder. This is a huge problem for bigger files and annoying after many file transfers, because most other messenger programs have such an option and it's not just a snake oil setting.

We have tried to search for an option, but haven't found anything. I have seen net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.chat.filetransfer.SEND_FILE_LAST_DIR, but it's just the last opened folder for selecting a file. Is there a hidden value to change the transfer folder for received files?

Thanks a lot on in advance if you take this message a little serious!

By the way, is there a way to donate for example with Paypal?

Not only SSD, it also clashes with some linux localization too. My "Downloads" folder is called "Descargas" on Fedora. It's a minor inconvenience but it'd be cool to be able to change it.

···

El 20/09/14 a las #4, Mr Tester escribió:

Hello! I have a suggestion and had searched it on Google before, and found these two old ignored tickets: java.net/jira/browse/JITSI-1120 and java.net/jira/browse/JITSI-1110

Please allow users to change the file transfer download folder in Jitsi. It would be already pretty awesome if it's possible through the "Property Editor" via Advanced in "Options". Most people believe this is a minor problem and I thought this too, but a friend had a huge problem with this:
He has a Solid-State-Drive (short SSD) with very small space. Most of his programs are installed on an external hard drive. While Jitsi is installed on his external hard drive, transfered files are still stored on C: at his userprofile download folder. This is a huge problem for bigger files and annoying after many file transfers, because most other messenger programs have such an option and it's not just a snake oil setting.

We have tried to search for an option, but haven't found anything. I have seen net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.chat.filetransfer.SEND_FILE_LAST_DIR, but it's just the last opened folder for selecting a file. Is there a hidden value to change the transfer folder for received files?

Thanks a lot on in advance if you take this message a little serious!

By the way, is there a way to donate for example with Paypal?

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users