[jitsi-users] [PATCH] patch submission: 3 new provisioning properties for incoming calls

Hi,

I'd like to submit a few patches to the Jitsi source.

These changes allow to do the following:

- a new provisioning property rejects incoming calls when Jitsi already has other calls ringing. This is important to some of my users because they get confused when Jitsi opens several popup windows as several incoming calls can arrive simultaneously. Even if they have call waiting disabled and they answer one of the many ringing calls, the rest of the calls keep ringing... So they need to hang them up manually while having one of the callers on the phone (which is not necessarily the first one to have rung the client).

- another new provisioning property rejects incoming calls when the presence status is *AWAY* (not just DND). It's open to debate of course but some of my users prefer to reject calls when "away".

- a third new provisioning property displays incoming caller information in the status bar (notification popup message) whenever a call has been rejected (due to presence status or call waiting condition, single call at a time, etc.). Some users find this more useful (quicker and more obvious) than checking the missed calls history.

Here's a PHP example of how I provision these new properties:

// incoming calls
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.SingleCallInProgressPolicy.enabled=false\n"; //if false: do NOT put subsequent calls on hold if on a call
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.CallWaitingDisabled=true\n";
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.SingleCallInitializationPolicy.enabled=true\n"; //if true: reject subsequent calls if already ringing
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.RejectIncomingCallsWhenDnD=true\n";
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.RejectIncomingCallsWhenAway=true\n";
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.notificationwiring.NotifyCallRejection=true\n"; // displays incoming caller info in status bar even when call is rejected

Hope it can be useful to someone and that the Jitsi client can survive the business merger...

Regards,

Vieri

NotificationManager.java.diff (4.65 KB)

notificationwiring.manifest.mf.diff (528 Bytes)

SingleCallInProgressPolicy.java.diff (4.13 KB)

Hey Vieri

Can you please open separate pull requests for each of your requests on GitHub? I currently don't have a dev-env available and the other devs are busy with other things, so it'll take a while to review them. Nevertheless, this will be easier on GitHub.

Thanks,
Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 05.05.2015, at 16:47, Vieri <rentorbuy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to submit a few patches to the Jitsi source.

These changes allow to do the following:

- a new provisioning property rejects incoming calls when Jitsi already has other calls ringing. This is important to some of my users because they get confused when Jitsi opens several popup windows as several incoming calls can arrive simultaneously. Even if they have call waiting disabled and they answer one of the many ringing calls, the rest of the calls keep ringing... So they need to hang them up manually while having one of the callers on the phone (which is not necessarily the first one to have rung the client).

- another new provisioning property rejects incoming calls when the presence status is *AWAY* (not just DND). It's open to debate of course but some of my users prefer to reject calls when "away".

- a third new provisioning property displays incoming caller information in the status bar (notification popup message) whenever a call has been rejected (due to presence status or call waiting condition, single call at a time, etc.). Some users find this more useful (quicker and more obvious) than checking the missed calls history.

Here's a PHP example of how I provision these new properties:

// incoming calls
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.SingleCallInProgressPolicy.enabled=false\n"; //if false: do NOT put subsequent calls on hold if on a call
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.CallWaitingDisabled=true\n";
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.SingleCallInitializationPolicy.enabled=true\n"; //if true: reject subsequent calls if already ringing
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.RejectIncomingCallsWhenDnD=true\n";
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.RejectIncomingCallsWhenAway=true\n";
echo "net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.notificationwiring.NotifyCallRejection=true\n"; // displays incoming caller info in status bar even when call is rejected

Hope it can be useful to someone and that the Jitsi client can survive the business merger...

Regards,

Vieri
<NotificationManager.java.diff>
<notificationwiring.manifest.mf.diff>
<SingleCallInProgressPolicy.java.diff>
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users