[jitsi-users] No video from SIP camera using Jigasi and Jitsi-meet

Hi Damencho,
Maybe I didnt explain my issue properly : as Jigasi is " a server-side application that links allows regular SIP clients to join JitMeet conferences hosted by Jitsi Videobridge.", I was thinking that SIP camera could join with Jigasi, Video room in jitsi.

For me, Jigasi achieve signalisation between SIP and XMPP world ; So, if I can t seen video from the SIP camera, this could come from codec issue somewhere in the negociation ...

Thx !
Raphael.

···

Envoyé : jeudi 9 mars 2017 17:37
À : users@jitsi.org
Objet : users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 37

Send users mailing list submissions to
        users@jitsi.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        users-request@jitsi.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
        users-owner@jitsi.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of users digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. No video from SIP camera using Jigasi and Jitsi-meet
      (Raphael Kong)
   2. Re: No video from SIP camera using Jigasi and Jitsi-meet
      (Damian Minkov)
   3. Re: Videobridge doesn't send videotothe3rdcallerwheneveryone
      joins video only (jerry@iotum.com)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:41:42 +0000
To: "users@jitsi.org" <users@jitsi.org>
Subject: [jitsi-users] No video from SIP camera using Jigasi and
        Jitsi-meet
Message-ID: <3865f78f66c74068ba45185b03074cca@sjbsvr074.groupe.local>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hi,
In my journey of video conference interoperability , I managed to install jitsi-meet with jigasi. Jigasi is registered to a Kamailio SIP server. The sip camera is registered to the same Kamailio server.
The SIP camera can make video call to a SIP client, like Ekiga. The only codec available between Ekiga and SIP camera is H264.

From Jitsi meet web page I have the "sip" icon to call a SIP registered client. When I type the SIP number of my SIP camera, I don t have video. I don t have the video from jitsi on the camera screen neither. I guess it could come from a codec ? signalization issue ?

I can provide jvb.log and jigasi.log content if needed.

Thx a lot for your help / advices.

Raphael.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:09:54 -0600
To: Jitsi Users <users@jitsi.org>
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] No video from SIP camera using Jigasi and
        Jitsi-meet
Message-ID:
        <CAE07f0+NVi555d4j46NZra2X53DLaLr986JmTGPrHCmfnewsdQ@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Hi,

Jigasi currently doesn't support video.
Jigasi is using the protocol and media bundles from the Jitsi desktop
client. Video support there misses some stuff that is needed for
normal video use between the desktop client and jitsi-meet. For more
info look at: http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2017-March/032027.html.
Probably this task will involve work around decoding the h264 and
encode it to vp8.

Regards
damencho

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Raphael Kong <rkong@h2ad.net> wrote:

Hi,
In my journey of video conference interoperability , I managed to install jitsi-meet with jigasi. Jigasi is registered to a Kamailio SIP server. The sip camera is registered to the same Kamailio server.
The SIP camera can make video call to a SIP client, like Ekiga. The only codec available between Ekiga and SIP camera is H264.

From Jitsi meet web page I have the "sip" icon to call a SIP registered client. When I type the SIP number of my SIP camera, I don t have video. I don t have the video from jitsi on the camera screen neither. I guess it could come from a codec ? signalization issue ?

Raphael.

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 11:30:32 -0500
To: Camilo <camilo@camilo.fm>, Jitsi Users <users@jitsi.org>
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send
        videotothe3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only
Message-ID: <58c18327.96ede90a.60919.c957@mx.google.com>

Thanks Camilo. I’ll run tests following your instructions and report back.

Jerry

Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:26 PM
To: Jitsi Users
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send videotothe3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Hello guys.

@Jerry I could make it work, but I had to make some changes on the client (jitsi-meet) and use an old version of lib-jitsi-meet.

Some story time: Jitsi Meet latest stable has a bug that some people can't hear some other people in a conference. Some changes have been made in the past months to address this problem because it may be related to Chrome and not to Jitsi Meet at all.

At this moment, there's some kind of bug with new streams with the last version of lib-jitsi-meet. Although it works perfectly when both streams are available (audio and video), I believe it gets buggy when only one stream is being used or streams get updated/replaced. The former is your case.

I could make it work with the following changes:
1 -> Change your lib-jitsi-meet to the version jitsi-meet_1622. It is the latest stable version. You can do that by adding #jitsi-meet_1622 in this line of the packages.json file.
2 -> Change the clean-css version in the package.json to 3.4.25, like in this line (or css will not be generated correctly)
3 -> Change your jitsi-meet version to the version/tag 1592. It is the latest stable version. Apply your changes from here.

Camilo

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:23 PM, <jerry@iotum.com> wrote:
That’s fair - thanks George!

Jerry

Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:19 AM
To: jerry@iotum.com
Cc: Jitsi Users
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video tothe3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Hi Jerry, I started looking at the logs but then I got swamped with other things. I haven’t forgotten this but I might not be able to have a closer look till next week :frowning:

On Mar 8, 2017, at 7:21 AM, <jerry@iotum.com> <jerry@iotum.com> wrote:

Hi George,

Have you had a chance to review the log and figured out the possible cause?

Thanks!

Jerry

Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Thank you Jerry, I got the gzipped file. I’ll try to have a look later today.

On Mar 3, 2017, at 12:16 PM, jerry@iotum.com wrote:

George,

I did the log thing, and replied with it attached, an hour or so ago – but the attachment is too big (2MB) and it’s been waiting for approval…

Hopefully it’ll get through soon.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the 3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Thanks for explaining, Jerry.

Could you please enable verbose logging level for everything (in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/logging.properties s/^.level=INFO/^.level=ALL/) and attach it here?

Best,
George

On Mar 3, 2017, at 10:03 AM, <jerry@iotum.com> <jerry@iotum.com> wrote:

George,

Here’s how I setup the test case. I’ve installed the jitsi deb package and verified the meet works very well. Then I cloned the lib-jitsi-meet and modified the example.js to change local track to only use ‘video’, and added event handlers to dump out local and remote stats.

I’ve tried turning on and off the options, like simulcast, lipsync, audio-level, last-n, etc. but they all behave similarly in that if there’s no audio track, the last joined caller (after 2nd) won’t get the video streams. Previous participants can all see the last person’s video though.

I’ve been reading the jicofo and jvb logs trying to compare the difference, but it’s rather a lot to comb through.

Lastly, the remote stats for the 3rd caller would show remote peers’ bitrate but the resolution appears to be stuck at 0x0.

Jerry

Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the 3rdcallerwhen everyone joins video only

Hi Jerry,

This sounds like the bitrate allocation is not invoked (so nothing is forwarded). The bitrate allocation is invoked on specific events in the bridge, when a participant joins/leaves, when the selected participant changes, when the dominant speaker changes, etc.

Could you please give some more information on your specific setup? How are you testing this out?

Best,
George

On Mar 3, 2017, at 8:15 AM, <jerry@iotum.com> <jerry@iotum.com> wrote:

Thanks, but the meet.jit.si creates the local track using “devices: ['audio', 'video']” with fallback to ‘audio’ only, where my test case is to set up local track with ‘video’ only, i.e. “devices: ['video']”.

The local track setup is in conference.js which I can’t easily change on meet.jit.si.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the 3rd callerwhen everyone joins video only

On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:08, jerry@iotum.com wrote:

We are testing latest stable and master branch build of the JVB/meet and we found that when using video only to join the conference, starting with the 3rd caller, existing participants can see the new comer but the new comer can’t see others’ video streams.

Only when another caller joins, the streams start to show up, but the last caller would have no streams. If some leaves, the streams would also start to work.

Has anyone else seen similar problems?

Not that I know of! :-S

Can you try it on meet.jit.si? That way we can rule out a problem in your own infrastructure.

Cheers,

--
Saúl

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20170309/5c19c772/attachment.html>

Subject: Digest Footer

End of users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 37

Hi,

Hi Damencho,
Maybe I didnt explain my issue properly : as Jigasi is " a server-side application that links allows regular SIP clients to join JitMeet conferences hosted by Jitsi Videobridge.", I was thinking that SIP camera could join with Jigasi, Video room in jitsi.

Yes this is correct. But currently jigasi connects sip clients to a
video room as audio only, doesn't negotiate any video because of the
info I shared in the previous mail. Adding the video there, and not
just adding it, but making it work in production like way is a
substantial effort.

Regards
damencho

···

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Raphael Kong <rkong@h2ad.net> wrote:

For me, Jigasi achieve signalisation between SIP and XMPP world ; So, if I can t seen video from the SIP camera, this could come from codec issue somewhere in the negociation ...

Thx !
Raphael.

users@jitsi.org

users-request@jitsi.org

users-owner@jitsi.org

Today's Topics:

(Raphael Kong)
      (Damian Minkov)

Jitsi-meet

Hi,

Raphael.

Jitsi-meet
Message-ID:

Hi,

info look at: http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2017-March/032027.html.
encode it to vp8.

Regards
damencho

Hi,

Raphael.

Jerry

Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send videotothe3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Hello guys.

@Jerry I could make it work, but I had to make some changes on the client (jitsi-meet) and use an old version of lib-jitsi-meet.

Some story time: Jitsi Meet latest stable has a bug that some people can't hear some other people in a conference. Some changes have been made in the past months to address this problem because it may be related to Chrome and not to Jitsi Meet at all.

At this moment, there's some kind of bug with new streams with the last version of lib-jitsi-meet. Although it works perfectly when both streams are available (audio and video), I believe it gets buggy when only one stream is being used or streams get updated/replaced. The former is your case.

1 -> Change your lib-jitsi-meet to the version jitsi-meet_1622. It is the latest stable version. You can do that by adding #jitsi-meet_1622 in this line of the packages.json file.
2 -> Change the clean-css version in the package.json to 3.4.25, like in this line (or css will not be generated correctly)
3 -> Change your jitsi-meet version to the version/tag 1592. It is the latest stable version. Apply your changes from here.

Camilo

Jerry

Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video tothe3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Hi Jerry, I started looking at the logs but then I got swamped with other things. I haven’t forgotten this but I might not be able to have a closer look till next week :frowning:

Hi George,

Thanks!

Jerry

Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

George,

I did the log thing, and replied with it attached, an hour or so ago – but the attachment is too big (2MB) and it’s been waiting for approval…

Thanks,
Jerry

Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the 3rdcallerwheneveryone joins video only

Could you please enable verbose logging level for everything (in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/logging.properties s/^.level=INFO/^.level=ALL/) and attach it here?

Best,
George

George,

Here’s how I setup the test case. I’ve installed the jitsi deb package and verified the meet works very well. Then I cloned the lib-jitsi-meet and modified the example.js to change local track to only use ‘video’, and added event handlers to dump out local and remote stats.

I’ve tried turning on and off the options, like simulcast, lipsync, audio-level, last-n, etc. but they all behave similarly in that if there’s no audio track, the last joined caller (after 2nd) won’t get the video streams. Previous participants can all see the last person’s video though.

I’ve been reading the jicofo and jvb logs trying to compare the difference, but it’s rather a lot to comb through.

Lastly, the remote stats for the 3rd caller would show remote peers’ bitrate but the resolution appears to be stuck at 0x0.

Jerry

Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the 3rdcallerwhen everyone joins video only

Hi Jerry,

This sounds like the bitrate allocation is not invoked (so nothing is forwarded). The bitrate allocation is invoked on specific events in the bridge, when a participant joins/leaves, when the selected participant changes, when the dominant speaker changes, etc.

Could you please give some more information on your specific setup? How are you testing this out?

Best,
George

Thanks, but the meet.jit.si creates the local track using “devices: ['audio', 'video']” with fallback to ‘audio’ only, where my test case is to set up local track with ‘video’ only, i.e. “devices: ['video']”.

The local track setup is in conference.js which I can’t easily change on meet.jit.si.

Thanks,
Jerry

Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Videobridge doesn't send video to the 3rd callerwhen everyone joins video only

We are testing latest stable and master branch build of the JVB/meet and we found that when using video only to join the conference, starting with the 3rd caller, existing participants can see the new comer but the new comer can’t see others’ video streams.

Only when another caller joins, the streams start to show up, but the last caller would have no streams. If some leaves, the streams would also start to work.

Can you try it on meet.jit.si? That way we can rule out a problem in your own infrastructure.

Cheers,

--
Saúl

URL: <http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20170309/5c19c772/attachment.html>

Hi Damencho,

For me, Jigasi achieve signalisation between SIP and XMPP world ; So, if I can t seen video from the SIP camera, this could come from codec issue somewhere in the negociation …

It’s not a codec issue. As Damyan pointed out earlier, Jigasi does not support video, so you won’t have video if you join a room via Jigasi.

Cheers,

···

On Mar 9, 2017, at 19:33, Raphael Kong <rkong@h2ad.net> wrote:

Thx !
Raphael.

users@jitsi.org

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.jitsi.org_mailman_listinfo_users&d=DwIGaQ&c=wBUwXtM9sKhff6UeHOQgvw&r=-T6Cew-S4Ei-6rhDWu1AY-o1ETORq5uAicdns9fSwgI&m=tvX3jJEKP4oNhbR3BIMnBVpB7onnGvrtkGY1eRNji5M&s=EDxmB3eu-OYP3Q2AxSaY1Mjyt9EiDVQxOxzece8W_V8&e=
       users-request@jitsi.org

users-owner@jitsi.org

Today's Topics:

(Raphael Kong)
     (Damian Minkov)

Jitsi-meet

Hi,

Raphael.

Jitsi-meet
Message-ID:

Hi,

info look at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.jitsi.org_pipermail_dev_2017-2DMarch_032027.html&d=DwIGaQ&c=wBUwXtM9sKhff6UeHOQgvw&r=-T6Cew-S4Ei-6rhDWu1AY-o1ETORq5uAicdns9fSwgI&m=tvX3jJEKP4oNhbR3BIMnBVpB7onnGvrtkGY1eRNji5M&s=3K1JfLTbUalpVqrwFBXOdcsF0_plrf6FvGOpp2Rqq8o&e= .
encode it to vp8.

Regards
damencho

Hi,

Raphael.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.jitsi.org_mailman_listinfo_users&d=DwIGaQ&c=wBUwXtM9sKhff6UeHOQgvw&r=-T6Cew-S4Ei-6rhDWu1AY-o1ETORq5uAicdns9fSwgI&m=tvX3jJEKP4oNhbR3BIMnBVpB7onnGvrtkGY1eRNji5M&s=EDxmB3eu-OYP3Q2AxSaY1Mjyt9EiDVQxOxzece8W_V8&e=

Jerry

Hello guys.

Camilo

Jerry

Hi George,

Thanks!

Jerry

George,

Thanks,
Jerry

Best,
George

George,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Best,
George

Thanks,
Jerry

Cheers,

--
Saúl

URL: <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.jitsi.org_pipermail_users_attachments_20170309_5c19c772_attachment.html&d=DwIGaQ&c=wBUwXtM9sKhff6UeHOQgvw&r=-T6Cew-S4Ei-6rhDWu1AY-o1ETORq5uAicdns9fSwgI&m=tvX3jJEKP4oNhbR3BIMnBVpB7onnGvrtkGY1eRNji5M&s=GU5iVq7je3d9d78oVNW15IyV6gwyl5S65SgNoh_CS5k&e= >

--
Saúl