[jitsi-users] No video from SIP camera using Jigasi and Jitsi-meet

Hi,
In my journey of video conference interoperability , I managed to install jitsi-meet with jigasi. Jigasi is registered to a Kamailio SIP server. The sip camera is registered to the same Kamailio server.
The SIP camera can make video call to a SIP client, like Ekiga. The only codec available between Ekiga and SIP camera is H264.

From Jitsi meet web page I have the "sip" icon to call a SIP registered client. When I type the SIP number of my SIP camera, I don t have video. I don t have the video from jitsi on the camera screen neither. I guess it could come from a codec ? signalization issue ?
I can provide jvb.log and jigasi.log content if needed.

Thx a lot for your help / advices.

Raphael.

Hi,

Jigasi currently doesn't support video.
Jigasi is using the protocol and media bundles from the Jitsi desktop
client. Video support there misses some stuff that is needed for
normal video use between the desktop client and jitsi-meet. For more
info look at: http://lists.jitsi.org/pipermail/dev/2017-March/032027.html.
Probably this task will involve work around decoding the h264 and
encode it to vp8.

Regards
damencho

ยทยทยท

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Raphael Kong <rkong@h2ad.net> wrote:

Hi,
In my journey of video conference interoperability , I managed to install jitsi-meet with jigasi. Jigasi is registered to a Kamailio SIP server. The sip camera is registered to the same Kamailio server.
The SIP camera can make video call to a SIP client, like Ekiga. The only codec available between Ekiga and SIP camera is H264.

From Jitsi meet web page I have the "sip" icon to call a SIP registered client. When I type the SIP number of my SIP camera, I don t have video. I don t have the video from jitsi on the camera screen neither. I guess it could come from a codec ? signalization issue ?
I can provide jvb.log and jigasi.log content if needed.

Thx a lot for your help / advices.

Raphael.
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users