[jitsi-users] No taskbar alerts on Windows 7

Hi all,

Various versions of Jitsi and Windows 7 have never had the task bar light up for me when someone sends me a message (you know, the orange flashing) and yet, my friend tells me it is working for her.
I've checked my options and my "Bring chat window to front" and "Use task bar / dock alerts for incoming calls and chats" are both checked. The chat window is open and in the background and upon messaging I get the system tray alert but the task-bar icon does not blink orange.

Is this functionality supposed to be working, is there a way to troubleshoot this?
It's a key function as otherwise I'm basically using email and have to check the chats regularly.

Would love help fixing this!

Thanks,
Nick

Why hello Ni-- ok just kidding.
But I figured it out.
If you have group chats unchecked, the individual windows don't do the flashy orange thing.

That's probably a bug.
I can open a ticket with buddy approval.

Nick

···

To: users@jitsi.org
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:18:36 -0200
Subject: [jitsi-users] No taskbar alerts on Windows 7

Hi all,

Various versions of Jitsi and Windows 7 have never had the task bar light up for me when someone sends me a message (you know, the orange flashing) and yet, my friend tells me it is working for her.
I've checked my options and my "Bring chat window to front" and "Use task bar / dock alerts for incoming calls and chats" are both checked. The chat window is open and in the background and upon messaging I get the system tray alert but the task-bar icon does not blink orange.

Is this functionality supposed to be working, is there a way to troubleshoot this?
It's a key function as otherwise I'm basically using email and have to check the chats regularly.

Thanks,
Nick

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Hi again all,

Posting again since it's been a few days and also there's another UI bug I've noticed.
As far as I can tell, with group chats on, when someone goes offline and comes back online their status icon by their name in the tab bar doesn't turn back to green when they come back online -- it stays gray.

I can post these bugs to dev if preferred.

If somebody else wants to try out the flashing task bar bug it's pretty easy to reproduce (on Windows 7 and probably other platforms?).

1. Assert that (with a clean install on default settings) a message will cause a background chat window to flash in the task bar.
2. In Tools -> Options -> General turn off grouping of chat windows.
3. Close all chat windows, open the chat window of the person you expect to speak to you and leave it in the background.
4. Upon being messaged, the task bar icon will not flash, leaving you with only the tray pop-ups and sound to know when a message awaits you.

Thanks again,
Nick

···

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:23:45 -0200
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] No taskbar alerts on Windows 7

Why hello Ni-- ok just kidding.
But I figured it out.
If you have group chats unchecked, the individual windows don't do the flashy orange thing.

That's probably a bug.
I can open a ticket with buddy approval.

Nick

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:18:36 -0200
Subject: [jitsi-users] No taskbar alerts on Windows 7

Hi all,

Thanks,
Nick