[jitsi-users] New e-mail notifications


#1

I noticed when I added my Hotmail/MSN account that Jitsi started
popping up "new e-mail" notifications, which I found a bit annoying
and as I couldn't find a way to disable these, I just removed my MSN
account (I have Hotmail open in my browser all the time anyway, so
didn't really need it).

However, my friend uses Yahoo Messenger and finds these popups very
useful. In Jitsi neither Yahoo or Gmail produce them though. Is it
possible to add them for Yahoo (and G-mail ideally), preferably
toggle-able so that users like myself who don't need them don't get
them?

If not, it's not the end of the world as I could always find my friend
a POP3 notification app to run alongside Jitsi but it would be a nice
little enhancement.


#2

Hi Derek,

···

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk>wrote:

However, my friend uses Yahoo Messenger and finds these popups very
useful. In Jitsi neither Yahoo or Gmail produce them though. Is it
possible to add them for Yahoo (and G-mail ideally), preferably
toggle-able so that users like myself who don't need them don't get
them?

I don't know about Yahoo, but for Gmail this option is already in Jitsi,
it's just disabled by default. You can enable it in the "Connection" tab in
the account settings.

Regards,
Boris


#3

Hi Boris

I don't know about Yahoo, but for Gmail this option is already in Jitsi,
it's just disabled by default. You can enable it in the "Connection" tab in
the account settings.

Yeah, I see that option for Gmail. No option for Yahoo (which seems to
have it disabled by default) or MSN (which seems to have it enabled by
default) though.

Regards

Derek


#4

Hi,

well in Yahoo protocol provider it is also enabled by default and there is
no option to disable it.
At least I'm getting mail notifications, looks like this:

You have one new Mail!

From: .......

http://mail.yahoo.com;

Regards
damencho

···

Subject: test subject

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Derek Moss <dmts@stoptheviolence.co.uk>wrote:

Hi Boris

> I don't know about Yahoo, but for Gmail this option is already in Jitsi,
> it's just disabled by default. You can enable it in the "Connection" tab
in
> the account settings.

Yeah, I see that option for Gmail. No option for Yahoo (which seems to
have it disabled by default) or MSN (which seems to have it enabled by
default) though.

Regards

Derek


#5

Hi

That's weird 'cos it doesn't work here. I just tested by sending
myself an e-mail from my gmail to my yahoo account and no notification
in Jitsi.

Regards

Derek

···

On 9 November 2012 12:39, Damian Minkov <damencho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi,

well in Yahoo protocol provider it is also enabled by default and there is
no option to disable it.
At least I'm getting mail notifications, looks like this:

You have one new Mail!
From: .......
Subject: test subject
http://mail.yahoo.com;

Regards
damencho