[jitsi-users] mobile app can't access my own server

HiI follow the quick install step install the jitsi meet,and i can use browser visit my own server,everything is ok.
But when i use the mobile app(Jitsi Meet for android) visit my server,the app display (You have been disconnected. You may want to check your network connection.)
why?
thanks!
zhanglin

Hi
I follow the quick install step install the jitsi meet,and i can use browser visit my own server,everything is ok.
But when i use the mobile app(Jitsi Meet for android) visit my server,the app display (You have been disconnected. You may want to check your network connection.)
why?

Are you using a self-signed certificate? If so, consider switching to Lets Encrypt, self-signed certificates don’t work on mobile.

Cheers,

···

On Feb 3, 2018, at 05:05, 张林 <zhanglin@cqupt.edu.cn> wrote:

thanks!
zhanglin
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.jitsi.org_mailman_listinfo_users&d=DwIGaQ&c=wBUwXtM9sKhff6UeHOQgvw&r=-T6Cew-S4Ei-6rhDWu1AY-o1ETORq5uAicdns9fSwgI&m=WpE1kN2YoHRj-aystwTBdPbFmcauxMmcFTfdIeFY0TU&s=gj-9oK-lwKU36xkqYOuzxXQJJCJar8hWTMBHm84IxRo&e=

--
Saúl

@saghul - Just wanted to check the statement about “self-signed” won’t work on mobile. I have other services like MatterMost working with self signed certificate on IOS 13 but ensuring the certificate had the correct extensions and added it into the trusted certificates on the device.

Is there some logic with jit-meet that forces a lookup of the CA to confirm if its in an approved list or not ?

No, putting the cert in the trust store should work. I usually give that answer because 99% of the people are not going to put the cert in the trust store :wink:

Hi. I’m getting this on a clean install and using Letsencrypt. IOS just keeps popping you have been disconnected. I never get the chance to add the cert to the trust store.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

If you are Let’s Encrypt cert, there’s no need to add anything to the trust store, as you’re not using a self-signed cert. The problem lies somewhere else — does your jvb or jicofo logs show anything?

Hi. I re-installed the server from scratch including OS with the same results after reporting this with the same issue. Tested today and its working 100% after I did the IOS App update.

Thanks.

To confirm I was using the Letsencrypt which worked fine in browsers and followed the directions provided with the quick install.

All good now though and working 100%