[jitsi-users] Metadata for recordings not getting written to metadata.json

I am using video bridge without jets-meet and jicofo using the REST apis.
I am recording my sessions, mp3 files are getting written as soon as the participant joins but RECORDING_STARTED event for that particular participant is only written to metadata.json when the next participant joins.

So suppose participant A and B join the conference, their recording files are started. But their RECORDING_STARTED entry is only getting written when participant C is added to conference. Similarly entry for C is written to metadata.son only when participant D is added to conference.
Please help with this issue as the metadata contains the recording starting time instant which we need.

Hi,

I am using video bridge without jets-meet and jicofo using the REST apis.
I am recording my sessions, mp3 files are getting written as soon as the participant joins but RECORDING_STARTED event for that particular participant is only written to metadata.json when the next participant joins.

So suppose participant A and B join the conference, their recording files are started. But their RECORDING_STARTED entry is only getting written when participant C is added to conference. Similarly entry for C is written to metadata.son only when participant D is added to conference.
Please help with this issue as the metadata contains the recording starting time instant which we need.

I don't quite understand. Is this an issue with:
1. The recorded video files (they don't start immediately)
2. The timestamps in the metadata (they are incorrect)
3. The time at which the RECORDING_START event is written to metadata.json

If it is the first one: this could be due to the recorder waiting for a keyframe. When it requires a keyframe, it will send a FIR request, using the SSRC of the bridge. Do you propagate the bridge's SSRC (announced in COLIBRI) to the endpoints?

Regards,
Boris

ยทยทยท

On 11/01/16 10:12, Somil Bansal wrote: