[jitsi-users] Latest Stable Release


#1

I'm trying to set up a demo of Jitsi for my organization, and I want to use
the latest stable and tested versions of jitsi-meet and jitsi-videobridge.

The best I've been able to do so far is look in the stable debian repo, and
install versions matching the latest packages published there.

Is there any published list of which versions of jitsi-meet and
jitsi-videobridge were tested against eachother for the last release?

I noticed in the debian repository that every version of jitsi-meet doesn't
list specific versions as dependencies.

Otherwise it would be easy to just apt-get jitsi-meet at that specific
version, and get all of the tested dependencies.

I could also use some advice on hardware configuration, bandwidth
requirements, etc etc.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

···

--
- Jason Thomas


#2

The meet.jit.si service is currently running jitsi-meet 825, jicofo 203 and videobridge 645.

Regards,
Boris

···

On 25/03/16 16:14, Jason Thomas wrote:

I'm trying to set up a demo of Jitsi for my organization, and I want to
use the latest stable and tested versions of jitsi-meet and
jitsi-videobridge.

The best I've been able to do so far is look in the stable debian repo,
and install versions matching the latest packages published there.

Is there any published list of which versions of jitsi-meet and
jitsi-videobridge were tested against eachother for the last release?

I noticed in the debian repository that every version of jitsi-meet
doesn't list specific versions as dependencies.

Otherwise it would be easy to just apt-get jitsi-meet at that specific
version, and get all of the tested dependencies.

I could also use some advice on hardware configuration, bandwidth
requirements, etc etc.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.


#3

Boris,

   Thanks for the information. How exactly did you determine this?

Also, it doesn't appear they have a .deb build in their 'older' releases,
'unstable' releases, or even 'stable' releases of the video bridge, or even
version 825 of jitsi-meet.

Is the best bet to build it myself from source?

- Jason.

···

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 25/03/16 16:14, Jason Thomas wrote:

I'm trying to set up a demo of Jitsi for my organization, and I want to
use the latest stable and tested versions of jitsi-meet and
jitsi-videobridge.

The best I've been able to do so far is look in the stable debian repo,
and install versions matching the latest packages published there.

Is there any published list of which versions of jitsi-meet and
jitsi-videobridge were tested against eachother for the last release?

I noticed in the debian repository that every version of jitsi-meet
doesn't list specific versions as dependencies.

Otherwise it would be easy to just apt-get jitsi-meet at that specific
version, and get all of the tested dependencies.

I could also use some advice on hardware configuration, bandwidth
requirements, etc etc.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The meet.jit.si service is currently running jitsi-meet 825, jicofo 203
and videobridge 645.

Regards,
Boris

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
- Jason Thomas
   http://jasonthom.as


#4

Yeah, I think "old" package versions get deleted from the debian repo. We should probably fix this. If you care about using these specific version you can rebuild from source.

Boris

···

On 25/03/16 16:46, Jason Thomas wrote:

Boris,

    Thanks for the information. How exactly did you determine this?

Also, it doesn't appear they have a .deb build in their 'older'
releases, 'unstable' releases, or even 'stable' releases of the video
bridge, or even version 825 of jitsi-meet.

Is the best bet to build it myself from source?


#5

So, I don't particularly care about using these specific versions, but
having some tested/stable configuration of services that will provide me
with a stable server environment.

Would using the latest versions of the 'stable' packages as listed on the
website get me closer to this goal?

Am I being too paranoid?

Is there a list of versions of these services you personally would consider
to be something you've personally tested/used?

- Jason

···

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 25/03/16 16:46, Jason Thomas wrote:

Boris,

    Thanks for the information. How exactly did you determine this?

Also, it doesn't appear they have a .deb build in their 'older'
releases, 'unstable' releases, or even 'stable' releases of the video
bridge, or even version 825 of jitsi-meet.

Is the best bet to build it myself from source?

Yeah, I think "old" package versions get deleted from the debian repo. We
should probably fix this. If you care about using these specific version
you can rebuild from source.

Boris

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
- Jason Thomas
   http://jasonthom.as


#6

So, I don't particularly care about using these specific versions, but
having some tested/stable configuration of services that will provide me
with a stable server environment.

Would using the latest versions of the 'stable' packages as listed on
the website get me closer to this goal?

I don't actually know if we have stable version of jicofo and jitsi-meet.

Am I being too paranoid?

Depends on what you need. The latest versions introduce new features and may break some stuff, but we generally fix them fairly quickly.

Is there a list of versions of these services you personally would
consider to be something you've personally tested/used?

That's why I shared the versions used on meet.jit.si service -- they are pretty well tested (and not just by me personally).

Regards,
Boris

···

On 25/03/16 16:58, Jason Thomas wrote: