[jitsi-users] Jitsi

Jitsi = 2.10.5550
Xubuntu = 16.04

Trying to replace Pidgin on Xubuntu 16.04 (xfce desktop) and in general it looks and works fine. Importantly it picks up and detects/uses video/audio device without problem (unlike Pidgin).

However I have one big annoying problem - I want to be able to hide a Jitsi window but clicking "X" closed Jitsi. I can try using a tray ICON and use the hide option of the tray but sometimes the tray disappears. Even with the tray, clicking "X" closes Jitsi. I don't like having Jisi minimized but still in the list of active programs (task bar/panel window buttons - whatever you want to call it).

Simply want the "X" button to always hide. The menu "quit" option to close.

Any ideas?

Not sure why the tray doesn't work for you, but there also an option to minimize Jitsi instead of hiding/closing it in Tools->Options->General.

Ingo

Freundliche Grüsse,
Ingo Bauersachs

-- sent from my mobile

···

On 10 Mar 2017, at 17:21, Pee Tee <peetee@cheerful.com> wrote:

Jitsi = 2.10.5550
Xubuntu = 16.04

Trying to replace Pidgin on Xubuntu 16.04 (xfce desktop) and in general it looks and works fine. Importantly it picks up and detects/uses video/audio device without problem (unlike Pidgin).

However I have one big annoying problem - I want to be able to hide a Jitsi window but clicking "X" closed Jitsi. I can try using a tray ICON and use the hide option of the tray but sometimes the tray disappears. Even with the tray, clicking "X" closes Jitsi. I don't like having Jisi minimized but still in the list of active programs (task bar/panel window buttons - whatever you want to call it).

Simply want the "X" button to always hide. The menu "quit" option to close.

Any ideas?

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users