[jitsi-users] Jitsi with Logitech PTZ Pro

Hello,

Does anyone know for certain whether or not Jitsi works with the Logitech PTZ Pro conference camera?
I am not expecting Jitsi to offer any control of the camera positioning and zoom, only to correctly receive the video stream over USB.

Also can I expect Jitsi to produce a 1080p image using this or any other 1080p USB camera nowadays?

Stephen Moll
Senior Systems Engineer
Defence Information, Training & Services

Please consider the environment before printing this email

BAE Systems Integrated System Technologies Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87, Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 3456325

···

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.

Jitsi-meet or the Jitsi desktop client? I can confirm the camera works great with Meet. Can't see why it wouldn't work with any soft client though. As for resolution in meet, I can see the camera sending 1080 but my CPU isn't strong enough to encode and send (720 works). I'll assume you can get 1080 with enough CPU and bandwidth.

···

Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:06 AM
To: Jitsi Users
Subject: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with Logitech PTZ Pro

Hello,

Does anyone know for certain whether or not Jitsi works with the Logitech PTZ Pro conference camera?

I am not expecting Jitsi to offer any control of the camera positioning and zoom, only to correctly receive the video stream over USB.

Also can I expect Jitsi to produce a 1080p image using this or any other 1080p USB camera nowadays?

Stephen Moll
Senior Systems Engineer

Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87, Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6YU, UK

Many thanks for the response John.

We are using Jitsi soft client. I'm pretty sure it is limited to 720p though, as when I look in the Video Options under more settings, Video Resolution drop down stops at 1280x720, and that is with a Logitech C930e connected to it, which is a 1080p camera. The machine is a quad core i5 machine, which I would have thought more than adequate to process and stream 1080p were it an option to do so.

Is the 720p limit in the resolution setting coming from the Jitsi code or is it dynamically set by what device is connected to the system I wonder?

Good news on the PTZ Pro. I had a hunch that it would work fine, because we are already using Logitech cameras, I just wanted more confidence in the choice, because buying one just to find out was more than my managers were willing to stretch to. I confirmed with Logitech that it uses the DirectShow API in Windows, which helped too.

···

From: users [mailto:users-bounces@jitsi.org] On Behalf Of John Lightfoot
Sent: 15 September 2016 17:27
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with Logitech PTZ Pro

*** WARNING ***
This message originates from outside our organisation, either from an external partner or the internet.
Consider carefully whether you should click on any links, open any attachments or reply.
For information regarding Red Flags that you can look out for in emails you receive, click here<http://intranet.ent.baesystems.com/howwework/security/spotlights/Documents/Red%20Flags.pdf>.
If you feel the email is suspicious, please follow this process<http://intranet.ent.baesystems.com/howwework/security/spotlights/Documents/Dealing%20With%20Suspicious%20Emails.pdf>.

Jitsi-meet or the Jitsi desktop client? I can confirm the camera works great with Meet. Can't see why it wouldn't work with any soft client though. As for resolution in meet, I can see the camera sending 1080 but my CPU isn't strong enough to encode and send (720 works). I'll assume you can get 1080 with enough CPU and bandwidth.

Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:06 AM
Subject: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with Logitech PTZ Pro

Hello,

Stephen Moll
Senior Systems Engineer