[jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridge

hello can you tell me if is it possible to use jitsi client with jitsi videobridge without connecting jitsi videobridge as component in openfire?

Hi, you can use jitsi-videobridge as openfire plugin (same server) or as an external component (separate server). In both cases openfire "is aware" of videobridge thus clients are also "aware" of it's existence. How should your clients know that somewhere is a videobridge server if they are connected only to openfire?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" <kmellah@jouve.fr>Do: "Jitsi Users" <users@jitsi.org>; Wysłane: 9:57 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgehellocan you tell me if is it possible to use jitsi client with jitsi videobridge without connecting jitsi videobridge as component in openfire? 

Yes I know, my question is a little bit wear , because I tested both cases ( plugin, separate server), I find it very strange, because I thought that jitsi videobridge is for Jitsi client as its name suggests, but it doesn't work properly (stability problems) so I am wondering if we can connect it directly.
just for info, I use the latest stable jitsi client version 2.4.4997, jitsivideobridge 1.3.0 and openfire 3.9.3. I really need and appreciate your help thank you.

----- Mail original -----

···

De: "Michal" <michal1981@poczta.fm>
À: "Jitsi Users" <users@jitsi.org>
Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:03:04
Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridge

Hi,
you can use jitsi-videobridge as openfire plugin (same server) or as an external component (separate server). In both cases openfire "is aware" of videobridge thus clients are also "aware" of it's existence. How should your clients know that somewhere is a videobridge server if they are connected only to openfire?
--Michal--

Od: "MELLAH Khadija" <kmellah@jouve.fr>
Do: "Jitsi Users" <users@jitsi.org>;
Wysłane: 9:57 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08
Temat: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridge

hello can you tell me if is it possible to use jitsi client with jitsi videobridge without connecting jitsi videobridge as component in openfire?

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

I can't get it working as external component. Although it is connecting to Openfire (component session exist), client can see it (Create videobridge button is available), I cannot create conference - there is some problem with colibri channel. Did you install something extra on server that holds videobridge component?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 12:27 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeYes I know, my question&nbsp;is a little bit wear , because I tested both cases ( plugin, separate server), I find it very strange, because I thought that jitsi videobridge is for Jitsi client as its name suggests, but it doesn't work properly (stability problems) so I am wondering if we can connect it directly.just for info, I use the latest stable jitsi client version 2.4.4997, jitsivideobridge 1.3.0 and openfire 3.9.3. I really need and appreciate your help thank you.De: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;À: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:03:04Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeHi,&nbsp;you can use jitsi-videobridge as openfire plugin (same server) or as an external component (separate server). In both cases openfire "is aware" of videobridge thus clients are also "aware" of it's existence. How should your clients know that somewhere is a videobridge server if they are connected only to openfire?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 9:57 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgehellocan you tell me if is it possible to use jitsi client with jitsi videobridge without connecting jitsi videobridge as component in openfire?&nbsp;

_______________________________________________users mailing listusers@jitsi.orgUnsubscribe instructions and other list options:http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

I installed openfire version 3.9.3 with external database mysql, java and connected to active directory, then install jitsi videobridge https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge/linux/ jitsi-videobridge-linux-x86-247.zip unpack it and run jvb.sh script with parameter (secret, port 5275, xmppHostname, XmppDomain) then activate port 5275 and the same secret in openfire's console; also activate port range 50000-60000 in my firewall. That's it.

···

Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:45:53

I can't get it working as external component. Although it is connecting to Openfire (component session exist), client can see it (Create videobridge button is available), I cannot create conference - there is some problem with colibri channel. Did you install something extra on server that holds videobridge component?

--Michal--

Wysłane: 12:27 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08
Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridge

Yes I know, my question is a little bit wear , because I tested both cases ( plugin, separate server), I find it very strange, because I thought that jitsi videobridge is for Jitsi client as its name suggests, but it doesn't work properly (stability problems) so I am wondering if we can connect it directly.
just for info, I use the latest stable jitsi client version 2.4.4997, jitsivideobridge 1.3.0 and openfire 3.9.3. I really need and appreciate your help thank you.

Hi,
you can use jitsi-videobridge as openfire plugin (same server) or as an external component (separate server). In both cases openfire "is aware" of videobridge thus clients are also "aware" of it's existence. How should your clients know that somewhere is a videobridge server if they are connected only to openfire?
--Michal--

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

By the way, why do you want to use it as an external component? did you try to use it as plugin? if so, is it working ? I don't see what is the purpose to use it as external component, I mean there is no difference so I prefer to use it as a plugin it is more simple, and also you have possiblity to do it with webRTC application (ofmeet, jitmeet, ...) but I prefer jitsi client to create videobridge, unfortunately I can't resolve stability problem.

···

I can't get it working as external component. Although it is connecting to Openfire (component session exist), client can see it (Create videobridge button is available), I cannot create conference - there is some problem with colibri channel. Did you install something extra on server that holds videobridge component?

--Michal--

Hi,
--Michal--

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

I'd like to install videobridge on separate server for performance reason. I expect about 20000 XMPP users connected to my openfire server so I can't afford such banwitch consumption for videobridge at the same server. I wonder if it is possible to use more than one videobridge as external component and how shuld it be balanced.&nbsp;But as for now I still can't get it working. I'm using WIndows server 2008 R2 as Openfre server and another Windows 2008 R2 as provisioning (IIS+PHP) and videobridge server (for testing purposes, later it would be separate 3th server). With this configuration no connection is initiated. Error occures just after clicking Invite users.&nbsp;When I install videobridge as openfire plugin, connection is established, but no audio nor video stream is transmitted. And what is even more confusing, no error is displayed nor logged. I've allowed ports 50000-60000 (default) to openfire (when using plugin) and to separate server (when using component), but it doesn't help. &nbsp;&nbsp;Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 13:17 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeBy the way, why do you want to use it as an external component? did you try to use it as plugin? if so, is it working ? I don't see what is the purpose to use it as external component, I mean there is no difference so I prefer to use it as a plugin it is more simple, and also you have possiblity to do it with webRTC application (ofmeet, jitmeet, ...) but I prefer jitsi client to create videobridge, unfortunately I can't resolve stability problem.De: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;À: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:45:53Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeI can't get it working as external component. Although it is connecting to Openfire (component session exist), client can see it (Create videobridge button is available), I cannot create conference - there is some problem with colibri channel. Did you install something extra on server that holds videobridge component?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 12:27 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeYes I know, my question&nbsp;is a little bit wear , because I tested both cases ( plugin, separate server), I find it very strange, because I thought that jitsi videobridge is for Jitsi client as its name suggests, but it doesn't work properly (stability problems) so I am wondering if we can connect it directly.just for info, I use the latest stable jitsi client version 2.4.4997, jitsivideobridge 1.3.0 and openfire 3.9.3. I really need and appreciate your help thank you.De: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;À: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:03:04Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeHi,&nbsp;you can use jitsi-videobridge as openfire plugin (same server) or as an external component (separate server). In both cases openfire "is aware" of videobridge thus clients are also "aware" of it's existence. How should your clients know that somewhere is a videobridge server if they are connected only to openfire?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 9:57 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgehellocan you tell me if is it possible to use jitsi client with jitsi videobridge without connecting jitsi videobridge as component in openfire?&nbsp;

_______________________________________________users mailing listusers@jitsi.orgUnsubscribe instructions and other list options:http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Hello Michal,
Well, I tried jitsi videobridge in windows 7, I have also this error: failed to allowate colibri channel, so I think that this problem comes from windows os, because I try it in linux (centos7) and it works.

···

Envoyé: Mardi 9 Septembre 2014 09:05:08

I'd like to install videobridge on separate server for performance reason. I expect about 20000 XMPP users connected to my openfire server so I can't afford such banwitch consumption for videobridge at the same server. I wonder if it is possible to use more than one videobridge as external component and how shuld it be balanced.

But as for now I still can't get it working. I'm using WIndows server 2008 R2 as Openfre server and another Windows 2008 R2 as provisioning (IIS+PHP) and videobridge server (for testing purposes, later it would be separate 3th server). With this configuration no connection is initiated. Error occures just after clicking Invite users.

When I install videobridge as openfire plugin, connection is established, but no audio nor video stream is transmitted. And what is even more confusing, no error is displayed nor logged.

I've allowed ports 50000-60000 (default) to openfire (when using plugin) and to separate server (when using component), but it doesn't help.

Wysłane: 13:17 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08

By the way, why do you want to use it as an external component? did you try to use it as plugin? if so, is it working ? I don't see what is the purpose to use it as external component, I mean there is no difference so I prefer to use it as a plugin it is more simple, and also you have possiblity to do it with webRTC application (ofmeet, jitmeet, ...) but I prefer jitsi client to create videobridge, unfortunately I can't resolve stability problem.

--Michal--

<blockquote>

Hi,
--Michal--

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

Ok,&nbsp;thank you for testing - that means that problem is on client side. I'll have to check nightly builds to verify if it works fine.&nbsp;--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 10:30 Środa 2014-09-10Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeHello Michal,Well, I tried jitsi videobridge in windows 7, I have also this error: failed to allowate colibri channel, so I think that this problem comes from windows os, because I try it in linux (centos7) and it works.De: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;À: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;Envoyé: Mardi 9 Septembre 2014 09:05:08Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeI'd like to install videobridge on separate server for performance reason. I expect about 20000 XMPP users connected to my openfire server so I can't afford such banwitch consumption for videobridge at the same server. I wonder if it is possible to use more than one videobridge as external component and how shuld it be balanced.&nbsp;But as for now I still can't get it working. I'm using WIndows server 2008 R2 as Openfre server and another Windows 2008 R2 as provisioning (IIS+PHP) and videobridge server (for testing purposes, later it would be separate 3th server). With this configuration no connection is initiated. Error occures just after clicking Invite users.&nbsp;When I install videobridge as openfire plugin, connection is established, but no audio nor video stream is transmitted. And what is even more confusing, no error is displayed nor logged. I've allowed ports 50000-60000 (default) to openfire (when using plugin) and to separate server (when using component), but it doesn't help. &nbsp;&nbsp;Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 13:17 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeBy the way, why do you want to use it as an external component? did you try to use it as plugin? if so, is it working ? I don't see what is the purpose to use it as external component, I mean there is no difference so I prefer to use it as a plugin it is more simple, and also you have possiblity to do it with webRTC application (ofmeet, jitmeet, ...) but I prefer jitsi client to create videobridge, unfortunately I can't resolve stability problem.De: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;À: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:45:53Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeI can't get it working as external component. Although it is connecting to Openfire (component session exist), client can see it (Create videobridge button is available), I cannot create conference - there is some problem with colibri channel. Did you install something extra on server that holds videobridge component?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 12:27 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeYes I know, my question&nbsp;is a little bit wear , because I tested both cases ( plugin, separate server), I find it very strange, because I thought that jitsi videobridge is for Jitsi client as its name suggests, but it doesn't work properly (stability problems) so I am wondering if we can connect it directly.just for info, I use the latest stable jitsi client version 2.4.4997, jitsivideobridge 1.3.0 and openfire 3.9.3. I really need and appreciate your help thank you.De: "Michal" &lt;michal1981@poczta.fm&gt;À: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;Envoyé: Lundi 8 Septembre 2014 12:03:04Objet: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgeHi,&nbsp;you can use jitsi-videobridge as openfire plugin (same server) or as an external component (separate server). In both cases openfire "is aware" of videobridge thus clients are also "aware" of it's existence. How should your clients know that somewhere is a videobridge server if they are connected only to openfire?--Michal--Od: "MELLAH Khadija" &lt;kmellah@jouve.fr&gt;Do: "Jitsi Users" &lt;users@jitsi.org&gt;; Wysłane: 9:57 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08Temat: [jitsi-users] Jitsi with jitsi videobridgehellocan you tell me if is it possible to use jitsi client with jitsi videobridge without connecting jitsi videobridge as component in openfire?&nbsp;

Indeed, I tested with jitsi 2.5 nightly builds and it works , I confirm that problem was Jitsi 2.4 stable client side. I hope that's help you.

···

Envoyé: Mercredi 10 Septembre 2014 10:32:28

Ok,
thank you for testing - that means that problem is on client side. I'll have to check nightly builds to verify if it works fine.
--Michal--

Wysłane: 10:30 Środa 2014-09-10

Hello Michal,
Well, I tried jitsi videobridge in windows 7, I have also this error: failed to allowate colibri channel, so I think that this problem comes from windows os, because I try it in linux (centos7) and it works.

Envoyé: Mardi 9 Septembre 2014 09:05:08

I'd like to install videobridge on separate server for performance reason. I expect about 20000 XMPP users connected to my openfire server so I can't afford such banwitch consumption for videobridge at the same server. I wonder if it is possible to use more than one videobridge as external component and how shuld it be balanced.

But as for now I still can't get it working. I'm using WIndows server 2008 R2 as Openfre server and another Windows 2008 R2 as provisioning (IIS+PHP) and videobridge server (for testing purposes, later it would be separate 3th server). With this configuration no connection is initiated. Error occures just after clicking Invite users.

When I install videobridge as openfire plugin, connection is established, but no audio nor video stream is transmitted. And what is even more confusing, no error is displayed nor logged.

I've allowed ports 50000-60000 (default) to openfire (when using plugin) and to separate server (when using component), but it doesn't help.

Wysłane: 13:17 Poniedziałek 2014-09-08
<blockquote>

--Michal--

<blockquote>

Hi,
--Michal--

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>