chose XMPP over REST or other way around. Is there any benefit of going
through REST route if we plan to integrate Jitsi meet in our code as an
external API.

There is not much documentation in REST API for Video bridge and so I am
having hard time understanding it.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Rashmi K

The main difference is with REST you have to implement your own room management and signaling server. If you use XMPP, you can use jicofo for room management and signaling. You also can use lib-jitsi-meet if your client is a web app.

Devin

ยทยทยท

From: dev [mailto:dev-bounces@jitsi.org] On Behalf Of Rashmi Karandikar
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:12 PM
To: dev@jitsi.org; users@jitsi.org
Subject: [jitsi-dev] Jitsi Videobridge usage

Hello Dev/User Group,

My name is Rashmi Kulkarni. We are currently working on integrating Jitsi in our WebRTC app. When I looked at the Jitsi documentation I see two ways of integration for videobridge, XMPP or REST. My question iswhy would one chose XMPP over REST or other way around. Is there any benefit of going through REST route if we plan to integrate Jitsi meet in our code as an external API.

There is not much documentation in REST API for Video bridge and so I am having hard time understanding it.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Rashmi K
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.