some issues with jitsi-videobridge-linux-x86-454:
1. the setup guide is wrong for ejabberd:
without "jitsi-videobridge." its not working.
Someone promised in 2013 to fix the guide, but he did not.
2. between two Jitsi client both linux in a lan :
- no encryption is enabled! Encryption works perfect with those two
calling them directly
- no video is enabled :
it's called a videobridge, why is video not enabled by default ?
- starting the bridge with --apis=rest cmdline option added and some
free ports in the properties file, the videobridge is no longer found by
the client :facepalm:
3. the entire conference looks exactly like any normal conference call,
except encrpytion is not working.
4. the ZRTP black overlay windows, which apear when you click the red
lock symbol, apear, but they are empty.
5. read and understand 1. before proceeding :
if the subdomain is not used in the ejabberd config, jitsi client goes
into some sort of endless "i won't work" mode,
if the bridge is started. It somehow fucks up the complete UI loop. The
only option to end the program was to use KILL -9.
6. the 64bit version does go nuts, if no memory is available, but it's
configured. In other words, if you do not set a max memory variable in
the script, it uses 3 GB ram. It those 3 GB are not available, the
logoutput goes mad at startup.
if it's a MAXramusage variable, don't use it as minimum ram allocation
7. the 64bit version complained about a missing FFMPEG component ??? the
32bit version does not complain... very strange.
(but would explain why video isn't working the way it was expected )
Questions in the next mail.