[jitsi-users] Jitsi sibilance noise

Recently I upgraded a FreePBX asterisk system to their latest stable release; which entailed also moving from Asterisk 11 to Asterisk 13. We were happy with Jitsi prior to the upgrade; but post upgrade we're getting a lot of noise associated with sibilance. We haven't noticed a change in our hardware SIP phones (a mix of various Astraa, Polycom, and Digium phones)

In general, the audio signal seems to be hotter after the upgrade. I've pulled down the mic levels in Windows; but it hasn't helped much. I'm out of ideas on how to combat this. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to proceeed?

Nevermind. Apparently the upgrade rearranged the order of the codec preferences and Jitsi ended up using GSM. Moving GSM down the preferences list on the server "fixed" everything.

Sorry for the ATT*.txt on my original -- forgot to change format to plain text.

ยทยทยท

From: users <users-bounces@jitsi.org> on behalf of Dave Alitz <dalitz@powersys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 11:30 AM
To: users@jitsi.org
Subject: [jitsi-users] Jitsi sibilance noise

Recently I upgraded a FreePBX asterisk system to their latest stable release; which entailed also moving from Asterisk 11 to Asterisk 13. We were happy with Jitsi prior to the upgrade; but post upgrade we're getting a lot of noise associated with sibilance. We haven't noticed a change in our hardware SIP phones (a mix of various Astraa, Polycom, and Digium phones)

In general, the audio signal seems to be hotter after the upgrade. I've pulled down the mic levels in Windows; but it hasn't helped much. I'm out of ideas on how to combat this. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to proceeed?