[jitsi-users] Jitsi on Android

Hello,

any news about Jitsi (Desktop) for Android?

Some time ago we started using Zoiper because there was no Jitsi app available, but now Zoiper has some bug with Sumsung Galaxy devices (they promise they will correct it on the upcoming version 2).

So it would be an opportunity for us to move to Jitsi, I thought.

Good day,
   Matteo

It’s currently unmaintained: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-android#unmaintained

We are focusing our efforts on Jitsi Meet, both the web and the mobile clients. It’s not direct replacement though.

Cheers,

···

On Jul 25, 2017, at 09:52, Matteo Calorio <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Some time ago we started using Zoiper because there was no Jitsi app available, but now Zoiper has some bug with Sumsung Galaxy devices (they promise they will correct it on the upcoming version 2).

--
Saúl

ASAIK Jitsi-Desktop on Android is on hold and its development depends solely on contributions from the community.
However, there is a fork from Jitsi-Desktop for Android in active development (termed "aTalk" - please check also in Jitsi dev and user forum), where the latest build already includes OMEMO support for secure chats (!).
The source code has been not yet release and also not unloaded yet to github, the developer aims to do this once aTalk becomes more stable.

···

On July 25, 2017 10:52:37 AM GMT+03:00, Matteo Calorio <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Some time ago we started using Zoiper because there was no Jitsi app
available, but now Zoiper has some bug with Sumsung Galaxy devices
(they
promise they will correct it on the upcoming version 2).

Good day,
  Matteo

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Thank you very much for the information! I'll keep an eye on it.

I think other people are interested on this subject, so I think any news on it will be welcome even on this list, if moderators agree.

Matteo

···

Il 25/07/2017 10:12, Mr. Smith ha scritto:

ASAIK Jitsi-Desktop on Android is on hold and its development depends solely on contributions from the community.
However, there is a fork from Jitsi-Desktop for Android in active development (termed "aTalk" - please check also in Jitsi dev and user forum), where the latest build already includes OMEMO support for secure chats (!).
The source code has been not yet release and also not unloaded yet to github, the developer aims to do this once aTalk becomes more stable.

On July 25, 2017 10:52:37 AM GMT+03:00, Matteo Calorio > <matteo.calorio@linux.ors-tech.it> wrote:

Hello,

Some time ago we started using Zoiper because there was no Jitsi app
    available, but now Zoiper has some bug with Sumsung Galaxy devices (they
    promise they will correct it on the upcoming version 2).

Good day,
        Matteo