[jitsi-users] Jitsi Meet: welcome page text

Hi,

I’m trying to change the welcome page text in the new stable version of Meet. I’ve changed it in /lang/main.json but it doesn’t appear to be loading.

Is there anyway of changing the text that will survive updates/actually work?

I’ve changed "welcomepage .... appDescription & title" but it’s not working

Thanks

Hi Tom,

If you are just changing files in the deployed version, this will not work.
You need to check out the source code, do your modifications and build
them, then deploy the modified version in your deployment (just changing
/usr/share/jitsi-meet to point to your modified version will do the trick).

Regards
damencho

Hi,

I’m trying to change the welcome page text in the new stable version of

Meet. I’ve changed it in /lang/main.json but it doesn’t appear to be

Is there anyway of changing the text that will survive updates/actually

work?

I’ve changed "welcomepage .... appDescription & title" but it’s not

working

···

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 6:08 AM Tom Richardson <tom@one2.tech> wrote:

Thanks

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

how do you rebuild it? it doesnt load dynamically from the main.json file? why include them in the deployment?

i have it installed from apt-get, so how do i rebuild it from there? it doesnt recognize the make

You need to download sources from Github and follow the readmes how to build it.
main.json is the default language and it is embedded in the appbundle.

ive been digging around for days. still havent found them. do you mean the manual process, npm install + make?

do i just customize main.json, run the make and then replace the lang directory?

im not installing from source but from apt-get so thats why im having a problem putting the two together.

Yep, apt-get installs you binaries. You want to change that binaries, so you need to download the source and recompile it. The easiest way will be then to change the root setting in the webserver from /usr/share/jitsi-meet to the folder where you re-builded the source.

it will run straight from the source code after make? I feel like the lang directory should be removed from the distribution bundle if its not modifiable…kinda misleading

i used this to set up on AWS https://dev.to/aws/running-your-own-open-source-web-conferencing-application-5aa2

i would love to be able to change some of the react components but this way doesnt really facilitate that

Languages except english are loaded from there.

haha why not treat them all the same!? okay, i will try this out.

I dev on a mac and run in aws, wasnt easy enough to get it up and running on my dev machine…prosody didnt really kick off without a hitch.

thanks for your time

Cause there is only one default and if it loads after the code you will be seeing some artifacts of missing languages. We had been there …