[jitsi-users] Jitsi Meet on mobile web

Hi guys,

I have a custom installation of Jitsi Meet and trying to make it work for mobile web. It theory WebRTC would work fine for the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox on Android, am I right?

Having that said how can we enable it? Today I see the following message: “Video chat ins't available on mobile"

Thanks in advance,
Jose

Hi guys,

I have a custom installation of Jitsi Meet and trying to make it work for mobile web. It theory WebRTC would work fine for the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox on Android, am I right?

Having that said how can we enable it? Today I see the following message: “Video chat ins't available on mobile”

Hi Jose,

We don’t really support mobile browsers, though it may work. You’d need to either edit the code or toggle the “request desktop version” option in the mobile browser.

You can also use our mobile apps, which are available on both stores.

Cheers,

···

On Aug 16, 2017, at 14:29, Jose Simoes <simoes83@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Jose
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Saúl

Use the "View site as desktop" function of your mobile browser and it works. Not sure about all features, though. But I seem to remember, that cam supports worked.

···

Am 16.08.2017 um 14:29 schrieb Jose Simoes:

Hi guys,

Having that said how can we enable it? Today I see the following message: “Video chat ins't available on mobile"

Thanks in advance,
Jose

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to have HTML or JS request the desktop version directly or the user needs to manually request the desktop version in the browser?

Given that I am using the Jitsi Meet API that would not work, right? Or I would have to change the JS and host it on my own server, correct?

BTW: is there a reason for no allowing it to work for web browsers? If I am not mistaken except for Safari most of them already support it, correct?

Best,
Jose

···

On 16 Aug 2017, at 09:48, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <scorretge@atlassian.com> wrote:

On Aug 16, 2017, at 14:29, Jose Simoes <simoes83@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

Having that said how can we enable it? Today I see the following message: “Video chat ins't available on mobile”

Hi Jose,

We don’t really support mobile browsers, though it may work. You’d need to either edit the code or toggle the “request desktop version” option in the mobile browser.

You can also use our mobile apps, which are available on both stores.

Cheers,

Thanks in advance,
Jose

--
Saúl

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to have HTML or JS request the desktop version directly or the user needs to manually request the desktop version in the browser?

Not that I know of.

Given that I am using the Jitsi Meet API that would not work, right? Or I would have to change the JS and host it on my own server, correct?

Yeah, if you are using the iframe API I don’t think it would work, but maybe there is a way to fake the UA for the iframe, I don’t know. You can enable the external API on your own deployment though.

BTW: is there a reason for no allowing it to work for web browsers? If I am not mistaken except for Safari most of them already support it, correct?

None of them support it on iOS, for example. But more importantly, it comes down the the UX. It’s designed for a full-blown browser experience. We are working on our mobile apps for a proper mobile experience.

Cheers,

···

On Aug 16, 2017, at 14:54, Jose Simoes <simoes83@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Saúl